Older Neutered Male and Female Pup for Adoption in OK

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Older Neutered Male and Female Pup for Adoption in OK

Postby Hooligan » Wed May 05, 2004 4:16 pm

I am a memeber of my local humane society and this week we got in two pbs that were taken on cruelty charges. They came in as level 5 emaciated and have hairloss around their necks due to being on 4 ft. chains. They will be up for adoption in two weeks, but I am posting now, so if anyone is interested I can keep them up to date on their progress.
They came to us last night as foster cases, bc if we didn't take them in they would have been pts due to shelter over crowding.
The male is black with a white chest and when he has gained weight he should be about 75 + lbs. He can sit, stay, laydown and play fetch. If his bowl is empty he brings it to you to let you know. He is neutered and I believe it happened when he was quite young bc he squats to pee. He is a big goofy dog but I do not recommend him to anyone with cats or other small animals. He seems okay witht he pup, but he does put her in line when she gets in his face too much. His teeth are just nubs and I am guessing that is from chewing on his chain.
She is a red/red nose and she looks to me about 5 months old but she could be older. Her growth may have been stunted bc of no food or water. She is a firey ball of energy and would do well with someone that can spend a lot of time with her. She has not been spayed but we will cover part of the cost of the procedure before she finds a home, the adopter will cover the rest. She was being kept in an area that had boards with nails in them, and so her feet are in bad shape, but we are working on that.
I do not have pictures at this time but if anyone is interested please email me. We are also willing to travel to place them in wonderful homes.
Hooligan

Postby Hooligan » Tue May 18, 2004 10:50 pm

Update on the female...

After going to the vet this girl is est. to be a little over 1 year old. She is currently 31 lbs and when she puts on a bit more weight I do not expect her to be more than 36 lbs. She has splayed toes and the vet believes she will have bad arthritis in her feet as she ages.

We are going to try to have a spay done on the 3rd of June.
Hooligan

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs