Breed identification

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Breed identification

Postby Gerald W. Wilson II » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:19 pm

:bully:
This is something we have been having a problem with here in our area as I am sure everywhere this is a problem. To many dogs get labeled as Pits or Pit mixes when some that I have seen may have walked past one sometime in their life but certianly have no blood line with the Pit. To many people including shelter and pound worker do not seem to have a clue to the breed and it caricturistics(forgive spelling from here on out), they think because of brindling it a pit mix, square head-pit, big head, its mean and wants to fight, its a pit mix. Just 2 days ago we got a call to rescue a pregnant female pit from the pound because they wanted to put her down, then we were told it was a staffie,when we got there it was as close to being a two tone boxer as it could be with out being a boxer. I have seen Presos,Corsos,Dogos, Bull and French mastiffs, Visilas, Blue bloods, well you get the picture all classified as Pitbulls. So whats the big deal dude, hes the deal if a Dogo or mix attacks a person and is misidentified whos the loser, now ya get it. We as bully owners need to learn more about our pets and educate those who have no clue because it is those clueless that may be dictating to you and to me what pet we can have. Think about it.
:peace: :bully: :peace:
Gerald W. Wilson II

Re: Breed identification

Postby Big_Ant » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:14 pm

Very true!

As a matter of fact, I was watching American Justice on A&E Last Night and they did the story of those two attorneys in San Francisco that had the Presa Canarios that attacked and killed that lady. I don't think there has ever been a correction made by anyone in the media about calling them pitbulls. I was very proud to see the show make sure and call them Presas. The only thing that upset me was that later on one of the interviewees stated that they are like Pitbulls on Steroids.

Also, during one of the attack segments, they did a skit in the background very faded out, but in it, they showed an aggressive pittie. If it wasn't a pittie, don't show a pittie. It was a presa, show an aggressive presa.

- Anthony
Big_Ant

Postby Gerald W. Wilson II » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:33 pm

:bully:
Yes Yes get the word out and tell every bully owner that it is time to get active or maybe lose our rights as pet owners. Everyone here in GA thought HB78 was dead but when my wife came back this afternoon from the capital she informed me that they are going to hold more hearings into the BSL and that aint dead. If it happens here it can happin anywhere. Save the breed heck save my Cali.
:peace: :bully: :peace:
Gerald W. Wilson II

Postby Chris » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:20 pm

Sadly, to too many folks, it it is muscular and bites someone its a Pitbull. :sad:
Chris

Return to Introductions