rescue AmStaff questions....

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Postby Canula2000 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:09 pm

Just want to give an update on the guy...he is doing really well today. No whining in his kennel today for nap time and I have been using a waterbottle for when he tries to mount the female dog. I let him loose in the house and he did fabulous. I am very impressed with him and hopefully he will just keep impressing me.
Thank you for all the encouragement. I have to say I was very nervous about him yesterday, especially with all the bad press these poor dogs get.
Canula2000

Postby Canula2000 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:13 pm

Have the authorities done anything to try to stop it???

Last year they busted a guy with 30 dogs, sadly they put down all the dogs. :sad:
Canula2000

Postby Gerald W. Wilson II » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:47 pm

:bully:
Glad to hear it, they are so loving when allowed to be but sometime the most horrible of all creatures (us) wont allow them to be who they were meant to be. Hey maybe we should support BSL on humans and leave the dogs alone.
:peace: :bully: :peace:
Gerald W. Wilson II

Postby Sandy » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:14 am

Hi: I wouldn't worry too much about the humping. I have an altered
male APBT that humps any new dog that comes into the house. For
him it is a dominance issue...his way of letting them know who is boss.
My guy is just over a year so still adolescent in many ways.
Sandy

Postby Chris » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:13 pm

Hi, welcome. One thing, sometimes AmStaffs can be much "softer" dogs with people than folks expect. A lot are prone to take harsh correction poorly and a gentle touch can sometimes work better. Might or might not be the case with your guy but I thought I'd mention it.
Chris

Postby oko pol » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:07 am

Boo439 wrote:Welcome to the board!! Thanks so much for giving this guy a chance!!

true... WELCOME!!!
oko pol

Previous

Return to Introductions