Top 5 Foods

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Waterjunkie
Newborn Bully

Re: Top 5 Foods

Postby Waterjunkie » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:21 am

Let me also ask, if you had to buy from Petco, what would be the best food that they offer?

Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Angela Adams » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:14 am

Waterjunkie wrote:Let me also ask, if you had to buy from Petco, what would be the best food that they offer?

From Petco...For your pup I would feed this... Wellness Super5Mix Large Breed Puppy Health Puppy Food OR Solid Gold Wolf Cub Large Breed Puppy Dog Food

Also, Blue Buffalo is a good brand too.

DoggyDaddy
Matured Bully

Postby DoggyDaddy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:27 pm

Today my pups had more runny stools on kibble Nutro. I had this problem earlier this year and started mixing in the canned Nutro for sensitive stomachs. This has been an ongoing problem so I think I will change their food. I'm paying almost $60 for a 3 week supply so I"ll pay more if their stomach problems will go away.

NorCalRose
Adolescent Bully

Postby NorCalRose » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:24 pm

Has anyone researched or fed their dogs Costco's new grain free dog food? It's called Nature's Domain. I can find the ingredients on line but not the Guaranteed Analysis. It would appear that this is also a Diamond produced dog food and is a spin off of Taste of the Wild.

Imanis_mommi
Adolescent Bully

Re:

Postby Imanis_mommi » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:26 pm

Ariel Payopay wrote:Timberwolf is the shiznit!!! :headbang:

Yes it is!!! I used to feed it in San Diego California but havent found a distributer here in Miami :(

Imanis_mommi
Adolescent Bully

Postby Imanis_mommi » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:53 pm

Angela Adams wrote:
Waterjunkie wrote:Let me also ask, if you had to buy from Petco, what would be the best food that they offer?

From Petco...For your pup I would feed this... Wellness Super5Mix Large Breed Puppy Health Puppy Food OR Solid Gold Wolf Cub Large Breed Puppy Dog Food

Also, Blue Buffalo is a good brand too.

Solid gold is an amazing dog food Ifed it in San diego when I couldnt get TW... My destiny and my fosters did very well on it!!I lived a half a block from the distributer in El Cajon CA they are great people and very dog savy!!:peace:

pitbulliest
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Re:

Postby pitbulliest » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:36 pm

Imanis_mommi wrote:
Ariel Payopay wrote:Timberwolf is the shiznit!!! :headbang:

Yes it is!!! I used to feed it in San Diego California but havent found a distributer here in Miami :(

Timberwolf has been having some issues with its food lately. There have been a few recalls at the store I work at, and now the distributor just doesn't bother carrying it anymore, so its very hard to find Timberwolf Organics in Toronto. Furthermore, I have just been 'enlightened' that TO has misrepresented its food via its name. It is not organic. I am rather disappointed. Aside from these mishaps and its lousy customer service, I have stopped and would not bother going back to Timberwolf Organics.

That reminds me, the TOP 5 list should be updated. There are some new foods I've done my research on out there that are excellent. A few of them are made in Canada. Orijen, Acana, and Nature's Harvest to name a few.

karladaune
Bully Ambassador

Postby karladaune » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:26 pm

NorCalRose wrote:Has anyone researched or fed their dogs Costco's new grain free dog food? It's called Nature's Domain. I can find the ingredients on line but not the Guaranteed Analysis. It would appear that this is also a Diamond produced dog food and is a spin off of Taste of the Wild.

I've been looking for it up here in WA...one would think we would have it since Costco is headquartered here, but apparently thats not the case. According to Nature's Domain, its being offered in the CA Bay area only on a trial basis.

I know of one person who is feeding it currently and her dogs are doing well on it...I'm really hoping that its successful in CA so they start distributing it up here!

laiinkyree
Matured Bully

Postby laiinkyree » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:33 pm

I browsed a little bit, but didn't see it on here. What do you guys think of Taste of the Wild?

pitbulliest
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby pitbulliest » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:45 pm

laiinkyree wrote:I browsed a little bit, but didn't see it on here. What do you guys think of Taste of the Wild?

We've been getting it in Canada for some time now. Its kind of considered a replacement to Timberwolf where I live. TO wasn't too popular to begin with, but with the additional issues they were having and the lousy customer service, I'm not surprised anymore.

As for Taste of the Wild. I think its a decent food.

I'm not sure if anyone has heard, but there is a lot of debate about foods from the U.S. that may be using meat imported from China. There have been border issues with getting some of the kibble, especially that uses red meats, across the border to Canada.

I know for certain that Nature's Variety is having a recall on their raw complete chicken and complete organic chicken patties, so beware!

AllisonPitbullLvr

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:09 pm

Just a heads up from a former "no-grain" feeder.

My girl is 10 but when she was 9 and I had had her for a year, we did a geriatric blood screen and her kidney values were through the roof!! Those super-high protein diets are sometimes too high and lack the amount of fibre and older dog needs. As soon as I switched her to a food that was lower in protein and contained grains, her kidney values normalized and yet she still has a great coat, no allergies :)

angel&shaynesmomma
Newborn Bully

Postby angel&shaynesmomma » Thu May 27, 2010 3:27 pm

what do you guys think of the solid gold foods?

I have a 5yr old female that I have never been able to get weight on her an just recently took her to get blood work done an every thing came back good an he told me about solid gold.
I've been using it for about 5 days now an allready a huge improvement. Its the barking at the moon kind an has 41% protein an 20% fat.

willyg44
Newborn Bully

Postby willyg44 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:15 pm

We are currently feeding Leo Taste of the Wild and he has been doing great on it for about 6 months. Coat looks great, great energy, poops are nice and firm, and he goes crazy for the venison flavor! We fed him Wellness Core food before and he did great on that too, but the price is about $15 cheaper for TOTW for 30 lb. bags, so we didn't go back to Wellness. We are now slowly transitioning into raw because it seems to be even cheaper.

Roxxie
Newborn Bully

Postby Roxxie » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:21 pm

How would Blue Buffalo Wilderness stack up?

BlueKira
Newborn Bully

Postby BlueKira » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:53 am

willyg44 wrote:We are currently feeding Leo Taste of the Wild and he has been doing great on it for about 6 months. Coat looks great, great energy, poops are nice and firm, and he goes crazy for the venison flavor! We fed him Wellness Core food before and he did great on that too, but the price is about $15 cheaper for TOTW for 30 lb. bags, so we didn't go back to Wellness. We are now slowly transitioning into raw because it seems to be even cheaper.

Which flavor TOTW are you feeding? I am currently feeding my 1yr female 3-4 cups a day of the high praire formula.

Return to “Health Issues”