Tivoli

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Re: Tivoli

Postby drycreekdamsel » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:40 am

I would love to take this dog if I didn't have 5 cats! I was just down in Bend for the week and hadn't checked in here for a long time so I hadn't read the story. In fact we went through Prineville. I simply don't understand why it is so hard to find this dog a home, it breaks my heart to think of him down there shivering in the bitter cold but I am touched by the outpouring of love I always see on this forum.
drycreekdamsel
Newborn Bully

Postby rambler72 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:36 pm

honestly the dog is fine with cats we took him out in the main room of the shelter and there were about 25 cats in cages all around him and he never even looked at them. they are more worried about his skin than anything. He can barely walk let alone trot anywhere. He has a pin in his hip and he is super fat. I am hoping they will be open on Sat. I have another coat I would like to take out there to him.
rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby ladyred » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:03 am

How is Tivoli doing? Has anyone been to see him lately? I wish I didn't live across the damned country. I would love to visit him....
ladyred
Newborn Bully

Postby rambler72 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:50 pm

He is doing good and his coats and pj's from Angela and Dog nerd could not have come at a better time. We are in the single digits right now. It is very very cold. I am looking forward to the other pj's that Bullheaded and Angela will be sending because he really really needs them. He has been more mobile since having his coats. He does not sit curled up in his bed all day anymore. He is enjoying going outside more. The shelter is extremely thankful for all of you that have sent stuff for him. I will have pictures on Wed. We had a very very busy day on Saturday and I was not able to take pictures so the shelter is going to take them for me.
rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby Nickdawg » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:05 am

awww, your post made me cry, that he is more comfy and mobile now thanks to the generosity of Angela and dognerd
(and bullheaded soon) ... can't wait to see the pics!
Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby bullheaded » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:50 pm

The jammies are on the way to me, I will ship them out with a stocking I made up for him with some goodies in it. I have to tell you guys how awesome Elise Bonder was from www.dogjammies.webs.com. Talk about wonderful customer service and she was just the nicest lady. I told her a little about Tivoli to explain that this is not a dog i have at my house that I could get specific info on, and I asked if she could make the jammies a little longer for his underbelly to help keep it warm. She replied to every single email very promptly and put a rush on making his jammies. She told me turn around time was about a week but when she found out what material I wanted she was sending me an email the next day that they were finished and she had them shipped out. All of this before I even paid her!!!(she even gave me a break on the price) How awesome!!! She gives me new hope for humanity. Anyway, I know I am taking this off topic, but I just wanted to let everyone know about her because she has been such a huge help in getting Tivoli his jammies. YEAH!!!!
Okay, now back to the scheduled topic.

-Chrissy
bullheaded
Matured Bully

Postby rambler72 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:18 pm

Chrissy that is sooo awesome!! I am really excited to get all the jammies for Tivoli, he is going to be the best dressed and the warmest dog in Central Oregon. It was very very cold here last night. We hit negative 14 in some areas. We were at negative 7 this morning when I left my house. Very cold. Tivoli is lucky that he got his sweaters this year because this is the coldest we have been in a longtime. Thank you thank you!!
Amber

I will have pictures too when we take them to him.
rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby Angela Adams » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:52 pm

bullheaded wrote:The jammies are on the way to me, I will ship them out with a stocking I made up for him with some goodies in it. I have to tell you guys how awesome Elise Bonder was from http://www.dogjammies.webs.com. Talk about wonderful customer service and she was just the nicest lady. I told her a little about Tivoli to explain that this is not a dog i have at my house that I could get specific info on, and I asked if she could make the jammies a little longer for his underbelly to help keep it warm. She replied to every single email very promptly and put a rush on making his jammies. She told me turn around time was about a week but when she found out what material I wanted she was sending me an email the next day that they were finished and she had them shipped out. All of this before I even paid her!!!(she even gave me a break on the price) How awesome!!! She gives me new hope for humanity. Anyway, I know I am taking this off topic, but I just wanted to let everyone know about her because she has been such a huge help in getting Tivoli his jammies. YEAH!!!!
Okay, now back to the scheduled topic.

-Chrissy

How cool!! I ordered Tivoli some Jammies from Elise too! SHE IS WONDERFUL!!!!
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby SonnysMomma » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:49 am

Any new updates?
SonnysMomma
Forum Junky

Postby rambler72 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:07 pm

K... the shelter sent me these on Saturday. He looks great. I have 2 new sets of Jammies from Angela at the house and another set comming from bullheaded. I am sooo excited to take these out there to him. Unfortunately I cannot get out till Saturday. So he will have a late Christmas.

The cool coat and the Kitty are from Dog Nerd, there were a bunch of chewies and other things with the coat and p.j.s (btw those were too small so another kennel mate nextdoor is wearing them LOL)
Thank You to all of you that are helping Tiv!!!!!

rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby Ilovethepits » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:39 pm

Tivoli does look happy with all his new stuff!
I pray for you a forever home Tivoli! :pray
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Mortis » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:42 pm

ah he looks so snuggly. i think he looks happier too. cant wait till he finds a home its such a shame i cant have him.
Mortis
Super Bully

Postby jamielvsaustin » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:55 pm

This thread just reinforces my love for this forum. The generosity is amazing. Thank you rambler72 for heading this up, and thank you to everyone that's helped. Just amazing. Tivoli will find his home, I'm sure of it.
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby Angela Adams » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:02 pm

awww my sweet sweets!!! I can't wait till he gets his jammies...I'm gonna have to come and visit him sometime. I really do hope and pray he finds a forever home ASAP!
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby 2fatcatsandapitbull » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:12 pm

awwww, he looks so much happier than before!! thank you to all those who are helping tivoli be more comfortable while in the shelter. hoping his forever home comes along soon.
2fatcatsandapitbull
Adolescent Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs