New grain-free dog food!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: New grain-free dog food!

Postby RuffMuttK9z » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:35 pm

Noriko525 wrote:So.. I came on here to update the thread and tell non-San Fran people to stop looking for it... and then I noticed that RuffMuttz saw it at her Costco and she's located in Texas?

Yep. I live in Dallas and the store I saw it at was in Plano off of 75. A friend of mine lives in Midlothian and she said her closest store does not have it either. I guess I am just lucky?? I have to get food again in a couple of weeks and plan to switch my dogs to this food at that time. I guess I can only hope they're still carrying it at that time! I hope they didn't just get a pallet on accident and that's all they're going to have! It seems to me if you want to test a product you'd want to select random stores throughout the country, not just in one general area.
RuffMuttK9z

Postby jlphilli » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:56 pm

Didn't see it at the Costco here in Raleigh, NC :(
jlphilli
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby RuffMuttK9z » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:30 pm

I had to make a dog food run today so decided to give this stuff a try. My dogs will eat anything I put in their bowls so it's no surprise they gobbled up their first meal. I will post an update in a few weeks about how they're doing on it.
RuffMuttK9z

Postby ilikelily » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:52 am

It's in Chicago!
ilikelily
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby jtalt7 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:41 pm

I am going to look into this. Right now I am going through a 30lb of TOTW every 5-7 days and I am looking to cut costs a little if I can. I could save $7 a bag which doesnt seem like a whole lot but I am getting more food as well.

I guess I will see if it is in STL and go from there.

Has anyone here switched from TOTW to this? How did it go?
jtalt7
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby NorCalRose » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:03 pm

jtalt7 wrote:Has anyone here switched from TOTW to this? How did it go?

I started transitioning my dogs over to Nature's Domain in December (see my earlier post on this thread). They were on Wellness which has more calories than Nature's Domain. However, the Nature's bag is bigger so the savings is still the same. I supplement their kibble with home cooked. They are doing great! Even my allergy dog. I know that sometimes it takes a while for the allergy to raise it's ugly head so the verdict is still out on him.

I was concerned about hydrolyzed protein (Wellness has it also) being msg. So I wrote to Nature's Domain and they responded quickly with the reply below:
The Nature’s Domain does not contain any MSG. The natural flavor has enzymes added that hydrolyze any proteins present. Usually the base is chicken liver with added herbs, but since the protein is hydrolyzed, pets that are allergic to chicken will not react to the flavoring.
NorCalRose
Adolescent Bully

Postby slow93ls » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:15 pm

I just called the Chico Ca store and they now have it so we are gonna let our girl try it. Right now she eats wellness core and loves it. (I don't like it tho....) She all so does good on TOTW.
slow93ls
Newborn Bully

Postby dawnapbt » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:18 pm

I just bought a bag of the grain free costco food. I switch between Wellness and Natures' Variety, in general, but I also tend to feed the fosters the same food as my dogs, which gets REALLY expensive. This is a decent price, so we'll see! :)
dawnapbt
Addicted to PBF

Postby RuffMuttK9z » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:33 pm

We are almost through our 4th bag and the dogs are doing great. There were zero issues when we switched and the dogs all like it fine. I actually had to cut most of the dogs back on the amount I feed, too.
RuffMuttK9z

Postby RuffMuttK9z » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:59 am

Although there have been no real issues with soft stools, tummy issues, coats, etc, I will be switching my dogs back to the regular Kirkland Chicken & Rice after we run out of the Nature's Domain. We have 1 full bag left, which will put us through 6 bags total and about 6 weeks on the food. Overall, I am having to feed my dogs MORE and the end result is larger poops. Noticeably larger. I'm not diggin' having to feed my dogs more on a more expensive food and having to clean up twice as much crap as well. Not cool.
RuffMuttK9z

Postby mypuppyJack » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:03 pm

We are slow in CT apparently- I was in the Waterbury Costcos today and Nature's Domain finally arrived. I literally go to Costcos twice a month and don't always buy dog food so maybe it's been there awile, but anyway I bought a bag and will phase it in and see how it goes. I don't foresee any problems since the dogs were ever so eager to help me "unload" my purchases from the car after catching a whiff of salmon roflmao
mypuppyJack
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Angela Adams » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:56 am

Anyone still feeding Nature's Domain? How is your dog doing on it? I'm considering trying it out.
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Chasesdad » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:05 am

28 bucks for a 35lb bag and its got sweet potatoes in it!!!!

I'm on board, paying 60 for Chases current food, he is soooo spoiled LOL.

We ha e a Costco card too! Yay

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Chasesdad
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby slow93ls » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:01 am

Angela Adams wrote:Anyone still feeding Nature's Domain? How is your dog doing on it? I'm considering trying it out.

Savvy liked it and did good on it but her number 2's where to big. Our girl does the best on TOTW!
slow93ls
Newborn Bully

Postby akaspaddero » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:24 am

Still not in Utah :crybaby:
akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

PreviousNext

Return to Health Issues