Tivoli

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Re: Tivoli

Postby Angela Adams » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:42 pm

rambler72 wrote:Thanks Angela, I am going to send this off to the shelter along with a disc of the pictures I sent. They are making a calander (I believe) of Tivi. I will have to confirm that. If so I am going to ask if I can buy one too. If anyone else is interested in a Tivi calander let me know and I will tell them.

Amber would it be possible to replace Tivi's chewed up door? Could you get me a price on how much it would be? I understand he is a chewer but with lots of extra toys and goodies maybe he won't chew his new door, if replaced?? I have an extra goughnut stick for him too! :))
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Maryellen » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:17 pm

oh he is just too handsome.
Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby rambler72 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:44 pm

Angela Adams wrote:
rambler72 wrote:Thanks Angela, I am going to send this off to the shelter along with a disc of the pictures I sent. They are making a calander (I believe) of Tivi. I will have to confirm that. If so I am going to ask if I can buy one too. If anyone else is interested in a Tivi calander let me know and I will tell them.

Amber would it be possible to replace Tivi's chewed up door? Could you get me a price on how much it would be? I understand he is a chewer but with lots of extra toys and goodies maybe he won't chew his new door, if replaced?? I have an extra goughnut stick for him too! :))

He has anxiety about being shut in. He would just chew it till he could get through again. He got super stressed when the door was closed I guess and now they just crank the heat in the indoor part and leave his door open.
rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby Angela Adams » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:06 pm

rambler72 wrote:
Angela Adams wrote:

He has anxiety about being shut in. He would just chew it till he could get through again. He got super stressed when the door was closed I guess and now they just crank the heat in the indoor part and leave his door open.

K. good to know he has some heat in his indoor run!
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Belle*a*rina » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:29 am

I don't know much about rescuing and fostering but since it sounds like that part of Oregon isn't too crazy about Pit Bulls, would it be better for him in regards to getting more potential adopters and keeping him warm if we were able to get him transferred to the Oregon Humane Society in Portland or a rescue in the area? I can't promise anything at all but I could check on doing a temp (2-3 month) foster for him.
Belle*a*rina
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby rambler72 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:46 pm

I don't know what would be the best for him honestly. It is a hard call. He is very spoiled and pampered at this shelter. They do love him. It is a no-kill. They did have 2 pit bull adopted over the Christmas Break out of that shelter though which is great. They just aren't real pit bull savvy. I just am not sure what would be the best move other than finding him a home. Not much help eh?? lol
rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby Victoria » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:37 pm

I know I'm preaching to the quire here, but in my opinion, its always much better for a dog to get out of a shelter system if they are not adopted within a relatively short period of time, and into a foster situation. Foster homes prepare dogs for their new homes, and make transitions easier. I think a dog who becomes 'institutionalized' becomes much more difficult to integrate into anything but the most determined and devoted adoptive homes.
Victoria
Matured Bully

Postby APBTmom » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:16 am

I am so in love with this guy. That face just melts my heart and I wish I could take him...
I know everyone says that, but if I didn't have so many... I would in a heartbeat :inlove:
APBTmom
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Angela Adams » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:28 pm

Hey PBF! Tivoli has his own website now! Would you cross post and add to facebook pages or twitters so we can spread the word about Tivi? :))

Our new years wish is to find him a home THIS YEAR! He has been at the shelter for 1.5 years it will be 2 years in June.

CHECK HIM OUT!! http://adopttivi.webs.com

Keep visiting his website for new updates and pictures!! :peace:
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Nickdawg » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:22 pm

so awesome, his own site, very cool, such a love!!!!
Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:29 pm

Exactly how bad is he with stairs? Is it essential that his future home has NO stairs, or just minimal trips up and down? Is he on supplements and anti-inflammatories?
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:18 pm

Angela Adams wrote:Hey PBF! Tivoli has his own website now! Would you cross post and add to facebook pages or twitters so we can spread the word about Tivi? :))

Our new years wish is to find him a home THIS YEAR! He has been at the shelter for 1.5 years it will be 2 years in June.

CHECK HIM OUT!! http://adopttivi.webs.com

Keep visiting his website for new updates and pictures!! :peace:

I posted him on my facebook :thumbsup:

Misskiwi67 wrote:Exactly how bad is he with stairs? Is it essential that his future home has NO stairs, or just minimal trips up and down? Is he on supplements and anti-inflammatories?

Oh....Oh...I hope this mean you are somewhat thinking about him?!

I could picture him in your lovely new house and farm :))
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:36 pm

Yes, I'm very much thinking of him... have been for weeks... it'll be 2 months before we even have the house though... and our hopeful house has a very steep staircases to the upstairs where our bedroom will be, and an even steeper wood staircase to what will be my gecko room, where I spend a lot of time in the evenings while Mark is at work.

Mark had a dog when we met, who died of IMHA shortly after. My dogs haven't bonded much with him, and he misses having "his dog" and has mentioned several times wanting another dog once we get a house, so I've been keeping an eye out.

He's very much open to having a pit bull, but wants one with a little less energy than my two nutso's. He loves Caesar's Daddy... and I am a sucker for shar pei mixes, so Tivoli caught my eye immediately. I'm not sure if Mark could get over the hairless issue without meeting him though... and Tivi is oh so far away! Since this dog is to be Marks dog, not mine, Mark will have to make a final decision, I'm not bringing anybody home that Mark doesn't say yes to before I do.

So I'm mostly just asking to find out if Tivi should be on my radar or not... he seems like such a love and he really does deserve a forever home.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:24 pm

Oh wow that would be wonderful if things worked out!

He seems like such a wonderful dog who deserves a great forever home. I'm glad at the very least that the shelter is dooding on him!
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby rambler72 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:36 pm

Misskiwi67 wrote:Exactly how bad is he with stairs? Is it essential that his future home has NO stairs, or just minimal trips up and down? Is he on supplements and anti-inflammatories?

MissKiwi: I think if he lost some weight and was on supplements he would do great. Sadly he is sooo fat and they do not get him out for good exercise. Him being overweight imo is doing more damage to that leg than the stairs would. They feel sorry for him so they are killing him with kindness. They love him don't get me wrong but ALL the dogs that aren't young and haven't been there long are overweight.
Amber
rambler72
Bully Ambassador

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs