Tivoli

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Re: Tivoli

Postby Misskiwi67 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:17 pm

I'm a weight-loss nut... so the pounds would come off if at all possible... and as a vet I have unlimited access to pain killers and such to help him stay comfortable.

Keep looking for a home for him, and I'll keep looking for updates. There's a lot thats gotta happen before Mark will want another pup in the house, even if he does talk about it a lot. And like I said before, I want a dog to be Marks dog first and foremost. My pups are just too heavily bonded with me. When I'm not around, they're perfect together, but they still love mommy best. I'd take Tivi in a heartbeat, but I don't know if he's Marks ideal dog...
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Angela Adams » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:36 pm

Tivoli has a facebook page! Please support him and join his group here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=259211677568
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Angela Adams » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:36 am

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN TIVI GETS BORED!
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby rambler72 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:52 pm

:headbang: Thanks Angela!!!
rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby APBTmom » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:06 pm

Gosh he's awfully handsome. :inlove: Those pictures are wonderful!!!
APBTmom
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby 2fatcatsandapitbull » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:30 pm

love him. how i wish my female would accept an adult dog, there are no stairs here.
2fatcatsandapitbull
Adolescent Bully

Postby Angela Adams » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:01 pm

If anyone is interested in personally meeting Tivoli please call the shelter directly at 541-447-7178 or Randa @ 541-447-3084. The shelter will do an out of area adoption, but you would need to come meet Tivi first at the shelter in Prineville, Oregon before adopting him. :))

Don't forget to spread the word about his website www.adopttivi.webs.com 8)
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Angela Adams » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:21 pm

This letter below was written by Tivoli's 2 caretakers Susan and Randa at The Humane Society of the Ochocos.
This was so touching, I wanted to share with you...

Tivoli is one of those dogs you will never forget. If he sits on your lap, you know you've been sat on. If you're lucky enough to be loved by Tivoli, you know you've been loved. If he asks you to dance, you best be wearing some steel toed boots.

Tivoli, whose real name we'll never know, is a 7 1/2 year old Shar Pei/Pit Bull mix. He had been seen wandering out by the reservoir and had finally collapsed at a residence along the highway. It was a hot summer day June 2008 when he was found, and those who found him could not even identify his breed or his color. He smelled like gasoline and had burns over 90 percent of his body. He had a dislocated hip and numerous lacerations. He spent a week in intensive care and a month at a local animal hospital. He was brought to The Humane Society of the Ochocos to recover with little hope for his future. His skin finally blistered and peeled off and his hip started healing with the help of a metal pin. And every once in a while we saw the glimpse of a smile.

His recovery has been slow. His feet and skin are still very tender, and though he would love to go on long walks, or sleep in the sun on a warm day, he is unable to due to his injuries. His hair is finally growing back in little tufts and it turns out he's a red head. Perhaps he's Irish. We should have named him Paddy O'Malley.

He does have the occasional temper tantrum in the middle of the night when he destroys everything in his room. Everything that is, except a silly rubber alligator which he carries around like his wrinkled little baby. Like I said, if you're lucky enough to be loved by Tivi you know you've been loved. Tivi may never get over the abuse he has suffered, but this shelter is determined to help him get through it, and beyond it, and hopefully someday find the home that he was meant to have!

Tivis' Caretakers,

Susan and Randa

Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Adrianne » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:56 pm

:crybaby: what a wonderful write up... I want want want....
Adrianne
Regulator

Postby ilikelily » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:29 pm

me too, I want! He has that sass I love. And the impression he makes on those who know him, reminds me of my boy Max. I wish, I wish

Glad he such a dedicated staff (and online fans) looking out for him. The best to you Tivoli! :))
ilikelily
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby FBODGRL » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:05 pm

:crybaby:

That was SO touching.

I really want this sweet boy to find an awesome home! It would be even better if it was someone from PBF so we could get updates too. I know with Angela backing this guy he is going to find someone great to be his forever mom/dad/home.

Angela...would he be more tolerant or able to lay in the sun if he had some light weight t-shirts or tank tops?
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby Angela Adams » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:17 am

FBODGRL wrote::crybaby:

That was SO touching.

I really want this sweet boy to find an awesome home! It would be even better if it was someone from PBF so we could get updates too. I know with Angela backing this guy he is going to find someone great to be his forever mom/dad/home.

Angela...would he be more tolerant or able to lay in the sun if he had some light weight t-shirts or tank tops?

I'm not 100% sure, but I would assume that would help along with sunscreen... The shelter puts suncreen on him if he's out in the sun at all.
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Angela Adams » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:19 am

A HUGE thank you to Jacques Von Lunen from The Oregonian for blogging about Tivoli and The Humane Society of the Ochocos on Oregonlive.com FRONT PAGE! :)) Whoo hooo.

Check it out here: http://www.oregonlive.com/pets/index.ss ... jured.html

Also more Tivi news here: http://adopttivi.webs.com/apps/blog/ :peace:
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby FBODGRL » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:56 am

I wonder if he was on supplements like Omegas and vitamin e if he would have some better luck getting more fur to come in :dunno: I'm not sure what the shelter situation is like, would they be willing to try supplements?

I'd like to send some stuff out in the next week or so and could send some supplements if they would use them.

What size would be best for shirts or sweaters XL I am guessing...right?

Any word on at least getting him into foster? This guy is really tugging at my heart strings!
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby Angela Adams » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:13 am

FBODGRL wrote:I wonder if he was on supplements like Omegas and vitamin e if he would have some better luck getting more fur to come in :dunno: I'm not sure what the shelter situation is like, would they be willing to try supplements?

I'd like to send some stuff out in the next week or so and could send some supplements if they would use them.

What size would be best for shirts or sweaters XL I am guessing...right?

Any word on at least getting him into foster? This guy is really tugging at my heart strings!

Supplements would definitely be a good idea for his hips and sore bones, I'm not sure what the shelter is giving him. I would encourage you to call Randa at the shelter 541-447-7178. They would be able to tell you exactly what supplements, if any that they are giving him. They are very nice there :)

His neck is 21'' His Chest is 32" The length of is back is 26" He probably weighs 75-80lbs. I bought him a 2XL sweater. It seems to fit, but it really depends on how the sweater is made. Some 2XL's are too big and some XL's are too small.

As for a foster home, Tivi is well taken care of at the shelter and very loved there. We are trying more than anything to find his forever home, since he will take a very special forever home. BUT we have a feeling that with all the "marketing" we are doing, Tivi will hopefully find his forever home very soon. :)
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs