RE-introducing: Juno! (NoVA, MD, DC area)

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

RE-introducing: Juno! (NoVA, MD, DC area)

Postby Sweet72947 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:19 pm

Some of you might remember me posting Juno a long time ago. Well, this poor girl has had some bad luck the past two years. I will try to make a long story short. She was adopted to a couple, who seemed like nice people. They had her for a few months, and then one day one of them forgot to close the gate, and she got out. Juno somehow allegedly caused the death of a chihuahua while she was out (I heard two stories - 1. That she killed it; 2. She ran up to it and it had a heart attack and died; I don't know which is true). I do not know if the chihuahua was in its yard, or any real details. The chi owners reported it to animal control, and FOHA was then dragged through lengthy court proceedings (I do not know if Juno's "owners" were involved - but they no longer wanted her, they wanted her PTS!). As a result of the court proceedings, Juno was put on "probation" which meant that she couldn't be adopted for a year (that part is over now, yay!) and that if she went out in public she was to be muzzled. I don't know when the "probabtion" period itself is over. I don't think Juno is allowed to be adopted to anyone in Loudoun County VA, where this all took place, but I could be mistaken.

Now, Juno herself is a wonderful dog. My friend and I affectionately call her the "Pygmy Hippo". Juno has never shown any aggression to humans. She loves to give kisses (but be warned, she eats poo now and then!), play in mud puddles, and eat! Juno sits nicely for treats - in fact, as soon as a treat comes out, her butt hits the ground! She does NOT door bust like so many dogs do when you try to take them out of their kennels; Juno waits patiently for you to put the leash on when you take her out, and waits patiently for you to take it off when you put her back in. Juno walks fairly well on a leash, does not react to other animals (although she will focus on squirrels/birds sometimes), and mostly just shuffles along, snuffling and snorting at the ground like a pig. She did attempt to chase cars at times, but I have worked with her on that, and she is doing well. Juno will also decide to randomly get the zoomies on leash and start darting around with a mad smile on her face attempting to dislocate your shoulder, so just be aware of that. lol As for other dogs, I think she'd do fine with a compatible TOLERANT male dog her size or bigger. Juno is rude when meeting other dogs and will get right in their face/jump on their head, and if a dog snarks at her she WILL snark back, but she never does more than snarking (she used to play with a dog named Bailey, but Bailey isn't very tolerant, so they got into some arguments, and they don't play anymore). I have let her sniff dogs through fences, and she wags and acts like she wants to play. Also, there was an incident several months ago with another APBT at FOHA named Matt who is very DA - he latched on to Juno's face and had to be choked off, and Juno didn't react back at all. Right after the fact a bunch of us were sticking our hands in her mouth to check for injury and she never even flinched, just looked at us like "What are you guys all upset about???"
Juno is spayed, up to date on her vaccinations, and would do well in a home with children 10+ (little kids would be knocked over and covered in slobber). No cats please! For more information, please visit http://www.foha.org

Smiles! This first picture was taken her FIRST time at FOHA.

Woe.

Enjoying the pool over the summer.

Sitting nicely for a treat.

"I can haz??"

Enjoying my friend's lap.

Juno in her cute little sweater! She was recently moved into the Village, where the long-term dogs get to live. That's where these two pics were taken.

Juno really is a fairly easy dog to handle - she's low energy, house trained (although may need a refresher course since she's been at FOHA's shelter for a while), and really easy to contain as long as you have, you know, common sense! ;)
Sweet72947
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Re: RE-introducing: Juno! (NoVA, MD, DC area)

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:45 pm

Awwww! She is such a beautiful girl! :inlove:

I hope she finds a wonderful home!
Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

Postby trexgorawrrrrr » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:23 pm

it seems like just when things got rough for the owners they were down and out. they just wanted her to be pts, and have it over with. she looks like a beautiful and happy dog. i hope her luck changes.
trexgorawrrrrr
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Sweet72947 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:26 pm

Just posting a few new pics of Juno. :)

Sweet72947
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby NorCalRose » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:26 pm

One of my babies' name is Juno too!. I sure hope this Juno get a good home!
NorCalRose
Adolescent Bully

Postby Tanya » Tue May 11, 2010 8:58 am

BUMP for Juno! Any updates?
Tanya
Newborn Bully

Postby Nickdawg » Tue May 11, 2010 3:50 pm

dang she is adorable!
Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs