Tivoli

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Re: Tivoli

Postby rambler72 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:42 pm

I would err on the side of big.... take his measurements and go an inch bigger. They are feeding him stuff like pizza, hamburgers, tons of dog treats and jerky. Not the best diet for a dog but at least he is loved I guess. Plus, I was there when they fed and these dogs are WELL fed all of them. No scrimping for these guys.
I really wish we were closer so we could get out there and walk him to lose some of that weight. It has an effect on his movement for sure. At this point it is a waiting game. Angela has been doing a TON of legwork for this guy and getting him out there. Now we just sit back and pray for a forever home for him. :nana:
rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby FBODGRL » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:40 pm

I guess it is good that they are spoiling him and loving him, but the extra weight can't be good for him.

I am going to try and call them to see about supplements. Since you were there at feeding do you know if they are doing any supplements? or if they would have an issue giving him some?
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby rambler72 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:41 pm

I didn't see them give any supplements and I am not sure how consistent they would be with them. It may depend on who is doing the feeding that day. Randa and Susan definitely make sure he gets all he needs but I don't know if they feed everyday. Maybe if he had them they would make sure he got them. It would not hurt and I would be more than happy to bring some out to them. We could stock up.
rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby FBODGRL » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:08 pm

So you think I should call or just pick some up and send them to you and you could explain to them how to give them?

I've been looking for "big" sweaters and stuff....still looking :))
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby rambler72 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:14 am

what kind are you wanting to send?? either is fine. i am going to try to get out there today because i have a tivi poster i want them to have that angela made. it depends on the roads though right now. you are more than welcome to send it to them if you would like. or if they require some instruction i could go and talk with them on the importance of him getting them. i wish we could get some weight off him. he would be so much more comfortable. i thought about getting him some totw fish and seeing if a good steady diet of the same food would help his skin some he smells yeasty like he has an underlying allergy.
rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby FBODGRL » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:45 am

I was thinking fish oil or salmon oil along with a vitamin e. If he has allergies it would help. Plus I was thinking it may help his skin and might get some more hair growth :dunno: Maybe some Osteo Bi-flex http://www.osteobiflex.com/pages/products.aspx?PPID=3 WHich is what the vet recommended for Khan and I have been using for a couple years.

Someone early in the thread posted this http://www.rescuepetstore.com/product/171-32.html not sure if you guys think that is something that would help or not. I could order that.

I'll be searching this weekend while I am at work :oops: for BIG boy sweaters. I wonder how toddler stuff would fit him...Khan is like a 3 or 4 T. But that would probably be harder to figure out with none of us right there to check.

I'm off work on Monday so I can go to the store and pick up some supplements if you think it is something they would use.
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby Angela Adams » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:35 pm

A HUGE thank you to Jacques Von Lunen from The Oregonian for blogging about Tivi and The Humane Society of The Ochocos!!!

Check it out here:

http://www.oregonlive.com/pets/index.ss ... jured.html
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Angela Adams » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:31 pm

A HUGE thank you to Penny Elims of The Examiner (Tacoma) for writing a VERY beautiful article on Tivoli.

Read here: http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-2111 ... ing-owner#

Here is the article...

Tivi, survivor of horrible abuse, seeker of compassionate dog-loving owner

Prineville, OR - Nearly 2 years ago, Tivoli, or Tivi as he is known to his fans, fell victim to the worst of humanity. A cowardly, cruel, soulless individual dumped gasoline on Tivoli, burning over 90% of his body.

When Tivi was found, he was burnt so badly that his breed could not be determined. In addition to the massive burns were a dislocated hip and multiple wounds - a combination of injuries that surely made the pain unbearable.

Tivoli's massive injuries, combined with the beating sun of a hot summer day, eventually caused him to collapse in someone's yard. Once found, rescuers were finally able to provide him with the medical care that he needed to survive.
As his wounds healed, so did his spirit. His sweet nature won the hearts of his caretakers and his story has touched those near and far.

Today, Tivi's wounds are healed and he waits in the small central Oregon town called Prineville. Waiting and hoping for that perfect home to come along.

Tivi's new home must meet a few special requirements.

There can be no other animals. Your first assumption may be that he has some form of aggression that prevents other animals in the household. That isn't the case - the true reason is that Tivi's once seared skin is now so fragile that his caregivers worry that another animal could damage his fragile skin in play.

Tivi's next home can not have stairs. His once dislocated hip is unable to handle the ups and downs of a home with stairs, so a flat rambler would be best for his long-term comfort.

Tivi's next home must be situated in such a way that he can be allowed to roam free and see what is around him. We can't know exactly what horrors this dog faced in his past, but whatever they were, they now make him terrified of confined spaces.

Beyond the special requirements, Tivi's needs are few. He adores the affection of people. He loves soft blankets and his squeaky toy alligator named Pearl. When he is outdoors, his fragile skin needs baby sunscreen to protect him from burning.

Tivi is patiently waiting for this special home, nearly two years after he suffered unimaginable abuse. His wait continues at the Humane Society of the Ochocos. Tivi is treated well here - the caregivers adore this special dog, but they want him to have his own loving family. Tivi's adoption fee is only $35.00, but potential adopters must come to the shelter to meet him and they must agree to a homevisit.

Simple requests, especially in light of Tivi's sad, traumatic past. Tivi was a dog subjected to the worst abuse imaginable, but his loving spirit has remained intact. For someone seeking to truly rescue a dog and show them the best of humanity, this dog fits the bill. Tivi's past may be scarred by cruelty, but his future should surround him with comfort and love.

If you would like to discuss Tivi with someone at the shelter, you can call 541-447-7178 or email 1dogrescuer@gmail.com.

Tivi is going to make someone a phenomenal companion. You can see the softness in his eyes. Any creature that can survive such abuse and come out on the other side with his heart and soul intact is truly remarkable.

Please take a moment to share this article with others. Tweet, Facebook and post to your dog groups. I'm quite certain that Tivi's special person is out there, but they just didn't know that Tivi was in Prineville waiting. :))
Last edited by Angela Adams on Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Angela Adams » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:35 pm

Tivi on the front page of Portland Pooch!!! :))

http://www.portlandpooch.com/
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Nickdawg » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:52 pm

Angela Adams wrote:A HUGE thank you to Penny Elims of The Examiner (Tacoma) for writing a VERY beautiful article on Tivoli.

Read here: http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-2111 ... ing-owner#

Here is the article...

Tivi, survivor of horrible abuse, seeker of compassionate dog-loving owner

Prineville, OR - Nearly 2 years ago, Tivoli, or Tivi as he is known to his fans, fell victim to the worst of humanity. A cowardly, cruel, soulless individual dumped gasoline on Tivoli, burning over 90% of his body.

When Tivi was found, he was burnt so badly that his breed could not be determined. In addition to the massive burns were a dislocated hip and multiple wounds - a combination of injuries that surely made the pain unbearable.

Tivoli's massive injuries, combined with the beating sun of a hot summer day, eventually caused him to collapse in someone's yard. Once found, rescuers were finally able to provide him with the medical care that he needed to survive.
As his wounds healed, so did his spirit. His sweet nature won the hearts of his caretakers and his story has touched those near and far.

Today, Tivi's wounds are healed and he waits in the small central Oregon town called Prineville. Waiting and hoping for that perfect home to come along.

Tivi's new home must meet a few special requirements.

There can be no other animals. Your first assumption may be that he has some form of aggression that prevents other animals in the household. That isn't the case - the true reason is that Tivi's once seared skin is now so fragile that his caregivers worry that another animal could damage his fragile skin in play.

Tivi's next home can not have stairs. His once dislocated hip is unable to handle the ups and downs of a home with stairs, so a flat rambler would be best for his long-term comfort.

Tivi's next home must be situated in such a way that he can be allowed to roam free and see what is around him. We can't know exactly what horrors this dog faced in his past, but whatever they were, they now make him terrified of confined spaces.

Beyond the special requirements, Tivi's needs are few. He adores the affection of people. He loves soft blankets and his squeaky toy alligator named Pearl. When he is outdoors, his fragile skin needs baby sunscreen to protect him from burning.

Tivi is patiently waiting for this special home, nearly two years after he suffered unimaginable abuse. His wait continues at the Humane Society of the Ochocos. Tivi is treated well here - the caregivers adore this special dog, but they want him to have his own loving family. Tivi's adoption fee is only $35.00, but potential adopters must come to the shelter to meet him and they must agree to a homevisit.

Simple requests, especially in light of Tivi's sad, traumatic past. Tivi was a dog subjected to the worst abuse imaginable, but his loving spirit has remained intact. For someone seeking to truly rescue a dog and show them the best of humanity, this dog fits the bill. Tivi's past may be scarred by cruelty, but his future should surround him with comfort and love.

If you would like to discuss Tivi with someone at the shelter, you can call 541-447-7178 or email 1dogrescuer@gmail.com.

Tivi is going to make someone a phenomenal companion. You can see the softness in his eyes. Any creature that can survive such abuse and come out on the other side with his heart and soul intact is truly remarkable.

Please take a moment to share this article with others. Tweet, Facebook and post to your dog groups. I'm quite certain that Tivi's special person is out there, but they just didn't know that Tivi was in Prineville waiting. :))

really really nice article, all the positive press is great and hope he finds the right owner/home :thumbsup:
Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:37 am

What a great article! Kudos to everyone out there helping Tivi find his forever home.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Angela Adams » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:23 pm

Tivoli is featured in SPOT Magazine this month. A magazine for animals lovers here in the Pacific Northwest. It reaches about 50,000 readers! Let hope Tivi's new family finds him soon!! :))

A HUGE thank you to Amber Rogers (Rambler72) for helping sponsoring this ad! :thumbsup:
http://www.spotmagazine.net/rescue-me

Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby FBODGRL » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:43 pm

I'll be ordering his sweaters tonight. Angela did you get my last email about them?

I will be ordering this http://www.rescuepetstore.com/product/171-32.html and having it sent straight to Amber for him.

I picked up some toys and bones and I will get a care package put together for him ASAP and hopefully get it shipped out tomorrow.

LOVE the article!!
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby Angela Adams » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:32 pm

Tivi is featured in the RUFFWEAR Blog!!!! Whoo hoo!!! CHECK IT OUT!! Thank you so much Ruff Wear for giving Tivi some much needed exposure!

http://dogblog.ruffwear.net/2010/02/03/ ... -his-life/

HERE IS THE BLOG....

badly burned and abused dog seeks love of his life

February 3, 2010 in What's New at Ruff Wear | Tags: abused, Adoption, dog, pit bull, shelter | by ruffwear

Dog adoption usually goes something like this: A family walks into a shelter, humane society, or breeder’s home with an idea of exactly what they are looking for: young, active, groomed, attractive family dog with a great personality and wits enough to train. But what happens to the dogs that fall short of that tall order?

Tivoli has been in search of a home for two years

For Tivoli, a 7-year-old sharpie/pit bull mix, the realities of being adopted have become discouraging. Tivoli’s story begins with a good Samaritan, and hopefully it will end with one, too.

Tivoli was found battered, burned and left for dead

On June 7, 2008, Tivoli was brought in to the Humane Society of the Ochocos by a person who found him at the reservoir near Prineville, Oregon. Over 90 percent of his body was burned; he was drenched in gasoline, muzzled, and thrown from a truck, left to die. The abuse left him with multiple cuts, a broken hip, and very sore paws. He spent a week in intensive care and a month in the hospital, but remarkably has recovered enough not to require any special veterinary care—though he has no hair, and badly battered feet which require him to be covered and “booted up” before going outside.

Despite his imperfections, Tivoli is much loved by the staff at the Humane Society, who has asked Ruff Wear for help finding Tivoli a home. After two years at the Humane Society of the Ochocos—a no-kill shelter—Tivoli remains without a home. Due to his injuries, his skin is sensitive and he needs to remain mostly indoors with no other cats or dogs. The pin in his hip also prevents him from going up and down stairs.

Tivoli has recovered and seeks a good home

If you are interested in adopting Tivoli, please contact the Humane Society of the Ochocos, located at 1280 S. Tom McCall Road in Prineville, Oregon, or call 541-447-7178 for more information.

Tivoli also has his own website at: http://adopttivi.webs.com/
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby rambler72 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:08 pm

I was telling FBOD that it would be GREAT if a dog product company would pick him up as their spokes dog!!! You would think that with aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the people that have seen his website and write ups there would be just ONE person willing to take him. <sigh> no love for the ugly dogs I guess! roflmao
rambler72
Bully Ambassador

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs