New from NM

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

New from NM

Postby PitBossLady » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:40 pm

Hey all- I am new to this board- and wanted tointroduce myself and my baby- Niki she is a 1.5 yo Pit Lady- she is the greatest! I also have a 12 yo Rottn Boy-
Cant wait to take a loot around and get to know everyone! :peace:
PitBossLady

Postby Dpres1 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:01 pm

Hey now! :thumbsup:
Dpres1

Postby AllAmericanPUP » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:21 pm

Welcome!
AllAmericanPUP

Postby PitBossLady » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:26 pm

Thanks all- roflmao
PitBossLady

Postby PitBossLady » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:33 pm

I am new to owning a Pit Bull and Am embarrassed to say that I was one of those ppl who said she never would own- I have owned and do own a Rottweiler- but I was given an oppurtunity that I am so glad i did not pass up- she came to us from a gal that could not keep her and we wereunder the impression she was a Stafforshire Bull- so I did mage research and talked to breeders and when we got her sent out pix- and they all said Umm she is a APBT aka pit bull- so I went in search of the best way to train and make her as sociable as possible- let me tell you she is a super pup- she and my rottn get along so well- they have established a great relationship! she is awesome with my girls- she def. belongs to my 12 yo- she is right now being home trained w/advice from out trainer till we can get her to class in April- thats the next one with this gal and she is great- so we got her at Sit- Stay and lock and heel- she does really good- she is starting to ride in the car- threw up once! ICK- and she is now being learned to come when called- we live by an arroyo and there are always people and dogs and etc back there to we are working on comingto me on command and leaving the distraction behind- she did awesome today- I wish I new how to post a pic or i would- I dont know if I can post a link to a page she is on or not- let me know and I can let you all see her- she is brown and white with 2 big brown spots around her eyes- she is not very big- but a great addition to our family!
PitBossLady

Postby Dpres1 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:42 pm

Good for you for having an open mind and not freaking out when you found out she was an APBT! I'm sure she's got a great home. You do realize you might not ever want different breed again, don't you? :tongue:
Dpres1

Postby PitBossLady » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:54 pm

Dpres1 wrote:Good for you for having an open mind and not freaking out when you found out she was an APBT! I'm sure she's got a great home. You do realize you might not ever want different breed again, don't you? :tongue:

I was just telling my BF and my girls that I want another one- she is the neatest dog i have had- talk about loyal and loveable! Our animal Shelter here is full of them- I might look into adopting again once I have Niki where she is as good a role model as my rottn. But I Def. want another one. :headbang:
PitBossLady

Postby Dpres1 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:39 pm

:thumbsup: Just don't take on more than you can handle, which is pretty easy for some people to do with this breed. Especially if/when dogs start fighting. But you seem like you're on top of your stuff.
Dpres1

Postby PitBossLady » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:28 pm

U are right- I have 2 kids, 2 dogs and a SO- I just know Iwill own this breed again! and morethan one- they are cool [/url]
PitBossLady

Postby X-girl » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:43 pm

Welcome to PBF!
X-girl
Regulator

Postby yuk237 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:16 am

:welcome: :hi
yuk237

Postby tjbsandy » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:58 am

:welcome:
tjbsandy

Postby Boo439 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:36 am

Welcome to the board! :)
Boo439

Postby dingo » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:37 am

Hi! Where in NM are you? I'm an Aussie living in the U.S. and I am sooo in love with New Mexico.
(Just finished nine years living in the SoCal. desert region and went out to stay in NM often when my husband was teaching firearms at the Federal Law Enforcement facility in Artesia ...yes, I know, I must be the only person alive who likes Artesia! Am right now trying to convince Robert to take a permanent firearms position out there.)

My pitbull Annie would go out on the two-day drive from So.Cal with me and she was an awesome companion through all those remote low/high desert areas ...I never had to fear breaking down and being offered "help" from the bad guys once I got Annie. And the Artesia Holiday Inn was very, very cool about having a 65lb pitbull stay with them for three weeks at a time!)

...favorite NM memory: walking Annie at Bitter Lake Wildlife Refuge just outside of Roswell, NM....big sigh ....now I'm shovelling snow in the frozen tundra of Down East Maine ...blah!

Jennifer
dingo
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby PitBossLady » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:04 am

dingo wrote:Hi! Where in NM are you? I'm an Aussie living in the U.S. and I am sooo in love with New Mexico.
(Just finished nine years living in the SoCal. desert region and went out to stay in NM often when my husband was teaching firearms at the Federal Law Enforcement facility in Artesia ...yes, I know, I must be the only person alive who likes Artesia! Am right now trying to convince Robert to take a permanent firearms position out there.)

My pitbull Annie would go out on the two-day drive from So.Cal with me and she was an awesome companion through all those remote low/high desert areas ...I never had to fear breaking down and being offered "help" from the bad guys once I got Annie. And the Artesia Holiday Inn was very, very cool about having a 65lb pitbull stay with them for three weeks at a time!)

...favorite NM memory: walking Annie at Bitter Lake Wildlife Refuge just outside of Roswell, NM....big sigh ....now I'm shovelling snow in the frozen tundra of Down East Maine ...blah!

Jennifer

I am in Rio Rancho- about 10 miles west of Albuquerque- I originally come from Casper Wyoming- moved here about 14 years ago-
I am getting Niki social trained and we go to the school to pick up my daughter and I had a lady yesterday actaully ask me why I would own a pit w/small children and I told her she isnt a pit she is also my daughter- she is a sweet dog and so we took some laps around the parking lot and Niki behaved so well and she talked to some kids- the lady apologized to me and said it was nice to see a dog with a bad rep actually well behaved- PPl dont see its not the breed!
PitBossLady

Next

Return to Introductions