Tivoli

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Re: Tivoli

Postby Sharkysmama » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:35 pm

:crybaby:

Oh my goodness! What an awesome video. It brought tears to my eyes. I hope, hope, hope this video can help find Tivoli his forever home!
Sharkysmama
Newborn Bully

Postby Angela Adams » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:07 pm

Another awesome article from Penny at the Tacoma Examiner on Tivi's tv debut!

http://www.examiner.com/x-2111-Tacoma-D ... sion-debut

Prineville, OR - Just a few weeks ago, I had the privilege of profiling a special dog that is sheltered in Prineville, OR.

Tivi, a 7-yr old Shar pei mix, was horribly abused by an unknown individual 2 years ago. His injuries were unbelievable - burns over his entire body, left for dead in the blazing summer heat.

Thankfully, Tivi was found before he died from his injuries, and for the most part, his story since that time has been positive.

For nearly 2 years, Tivi has been cared for by loving individuals at the Humane Society of the Ochocos. Their one desire - for Tivi to be adopted and loved. To read the original story posted on Tivi, please click here.

Tivi is getting a bit more help today. KPTV Fox12 in Portland has picked up Tivi's story. Tivi's fans are hopeful that this added exposure will help Tivi connect with the right family that surely is out there, searching for that one special dog to add to their family.

Please take a moment to watch Tivi's video clip. You will be touched. Tivi has suffered more than any living creature should have to suffer, yet he remains sweet, loving, and good-natured. Tivi is a special dog and he deserves to have a family of his own to share his love with.

Once again, I ask that you take a moment to share Tivi's story with others. Please help this extraordinary dog find his forever home - he deserves his happily ever after.
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Red » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:23 pm

Shar pei mix??? No inquires as of yet?
Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Angela Adams » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:33 pm

Red wrote:Shar pei mix??? No inquires as of yet?

No real inquires yet...even after the 1pm tv show BUT the news station is going to air the segment again this week on the 10pm news! YAAAY, so we're hoping that this time, we might get some inquires! :))

http://www.adopttivi.webs.com
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby rambler72 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:37 pm

Unfortunately I have the feeling as well as another gal that goes out and walks Tivi that they are going to make it very difficult for the prospective adopter. They have voiced on a number of occasions when I am there that they really do not want him to go anywhere. One of the gals last time was talking about building him his own area with grass and trees and putting a house out there for him and just letting him stay with them. I told her I did not think that was in Tivi's best interest and she said she knew she just didn't want to see him go. I am really hoping something works out soon before this dog becomes a lifer and they decide not to adopt him out.
rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby FBODGRL » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:41 pm

I guess pulling him into foster is still out of the question for them?

He really needs to get out! If for no other reason than to get his weight under control. Do they even realize how horrible it is for them to keep feeding him junk and putting extra weight on(so bad for his hip). Plus he could be better evaluated for dog/cat aggression and learn or relearn basic household manners.

When you told me about them talking about making his own area, etc. I was annoyed. To be honest it really pissed me off! He deserves so much more and he can and will get it if they don't stand in the way.
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:07 pm

:sad:

he needs a real home/family - it is about him!
Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby rambler72 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:18 pm

They will not let anyone foster any large dogs at all. They did say that if a rescue pulls the dogs they will let them go. It worried me too Shelly when Randa said that. I know she may have just been talking from sentimentality. I am hoping they can keep clear head.
rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby FBODGRL » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:56 am

I'm hoping to as well.

I can see making sure the adopter is a good fit, but I don't want them making it impossible for him to leave either.

I wonder if that is why they are making things so restrictive. Also wondering if a vet has said him living with other dogs and cats wouldn't work because of his skin....btw any idea if they have tried the stuff I sent for his skin?

Also any word on whether he really is aggressive with cats?

I know the shelter is not pit bull savvy and all, but it seems like You, Angela and others are doing everything they can to promote Tivi and make him comfortable. Frustrating :sad: I wish I was there...although with Khan and 4 cats I am far from the ideal home!
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby Angela Adams » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:06 pm

Just wanted to let y'all know that Tivi's video aired again last night on the 10 o'clock news and it was a success!

The shelter is getting quite a few calls and emails!!!! Now just keep our fingers crossed his home is in one of those applications! :nana:
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Angela Adams » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:49 pm

The video from last night's 10 o'clock nightly news...

http://www.kptv.com/video/22727190/index.html
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby dogs4jen » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:51 pm

All fingers crossed for Tivoli!
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby FBODGRL » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:07 am

Angela Adams wrote:Just wanted to let y'all know that Tivi's video aired again last night on the 10 o'clock news and it was a success!

The shelter is getting quite a few calls and emails!!!! Now just keep our fingers crossed his home is in one of those applications! :nana:

:pray
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:30 am

:headbang:

everytime I watch that vid I cry, I can't wait for Tiv to find that special home, glad to hear there is quite a bit of interest :)
Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:46 am

Any word on any potential adopters?
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs