Hello from the Seattle area, local APBT playgroup?

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from the Seattle area, local APBT playgroup?

Postby r6nikki » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:56 am

Hello, I live in Renton, and recently adopted a male APBT puppy. His name is Toda, and is a sweet little potbelly of joy for my family and myself. He is mostly all black, with a white chest and chin "I will post up pics later today" Anyway, I am trying to socialize him, and was curious to see if there is something similar to a playgroup that exsists around here, and if not I was interested in maybe starting one if enough people were interested in learning more about their dogs in an interactive environment etc.
As most people are well aware, there is enough media hype going against these dogs, dubbing them "vicious babykillers," and all of the rumors about locking jaws and aggression. I want to do everything I can to assist in changing this reputation, as I am sure many of you do. I believe this starts with having well behaved and well socialized dogs behaving in a kindly manner in the public eye.
I know there are tons of you out there like myself struggling to toughen up our skin to such harsh unfounded insults about our sweet and loving devoted dogs. People need to understand that all dogs become a product of their environment, and many APBT owners already do understand that. However the general public doesn't, as well as there are still many irrisponsible APBT owners that still don't get it, and don't really care either. I know this sounds like beating a dead horse because this same topic must come up hundreds upon thousands of times in your everday lives, so sorry... just trying to make a point and perhaps modivate some people to get outside with their dogs.
I would really like to get together with responsible owners, let our dogs play, discuss stories & training methods, and help eachother out while working with our dogs if a safe 'prejudice free' environment. Where people understand that just because my dog is wagging his tail and giving your child kisses doesn't mean he is planning on attacking her. Lets enjoy our rewarding dogs, and give them some happy playtime.

If anyone is interested please let me know. I was thinking once a week we could get together for an hour or so at a park, unless someone has a better suggestion.
r6nikki
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby AllAmericanPUP » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:00 pm

Welcome!

check
http://www.meetup.com/
AllAmericanPUP

Postby Boo439 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:10 pm

Welcome to the board!! I have a Toda, too! He's the brindle in my avatar. :thumbsup:
Boo439

Postby Noriko525 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:16 pm

Hello!

I'm in Bellevue! I have a 8 month old girl who would LOVE to play!! There are tons of us NW people on this forum... I'm sure we could all arrange something! Let me know if you want to get together and we can plan it! :thumbsup:

WELCOME!! :))

Ashley
Noriko525
Bully Ambassador

Postby oko pol » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:24 pm

welcome from poland on this forum! :thumbsup:
oko pol

Postby yuk237 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:34 pm

:welcome:
yuk237

Postby tjbsandy » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:39 pm

:hi
tjbsandy

Postby r6nikki » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:28 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone...

I have a small group of people so far, and in the near future will most likely organize a meet-up for our dogs, probably on a Sundays :))

One question, as I am apparently not allowed to post in the health section yet as a newbie...

My puppy, who is amazingly healthy considering his head-start in life from being abandoned in a cardboard box --- is doing so well, he is almost housebroken in a week, he listens, he responds really well, he can sit and lay down, he comes when called.. he is a great happy, healthy little snuggler

.... BUT...

I just noticed while laying on the couch with him, that his 2 upper canines, just on the inside of them, have circular infected sores. They are puss-filled and yellow. The rest of his gums look healthy and pink, but just in those two spots they look awful. So I looked at his bite, his 2 lower canines when he closes his mouth protrude straight up into his poor little gums. I dont know if this is due to poor breeding, or if maybe it's a semi-normal puppy thing. Has this happened to any of you? It doesnt bother him, but I am going to try keeping his mouth clean and taking him to a vet ... maybe they will give him antibiotics? Any ideas? The sores are definatly caused by his lower canine teeth... they nearly dissapear into the sores. It is almost like his lower teeth grew too fast... By the way, he is 8 weeks old, if I neglected to mention. Any advice is appreciated
r6nikki
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Ariel Payopay » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:46 pm

Welcome neighbor!:thumbsup:
Ariel Payopay
Site Admin

Postby X-girl » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:28 pm

Welcome to PBF!
X-girl
Regulator

Postby violet » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:28 am

Welcome to the board!! :hi
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby snwabel » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:08 am

I don't know what you could do about the problem with his mouth but maybe when he starts losing his teeth they will grow in different i don't know much about a dogs teeth though
snwabel

Postby r6nikki » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:26 am

yea, I set an appt with the vet to have him looked at.. hopefully all goes well
r6nikki
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby aaron kahn » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:30 am

Welcome!

Glad you found us so quickly- the wonders of CraigList...

Be sure to keep your energy/enthusiasm for a meetup going forward, I'm sure that quite a few of us would love an excuse to get together, meet each other, oh yeah- and the dogs!!!

aaron
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Return to Introductions