Florida Therapy Dog 'Big Papa' for Adoption

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Florida Therapy Dog 'Big Papa' for Adoption

Postby PitBull-Lady » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:26 am

I edited the title just to clarify where he was in the US urrently. 11:35 pm
This is the group that I adopted my Capone from. They sent out this e-mail today. I do not know anything about this dog other than what is noted below, but WOW! what a winfall for someone!

"We received an email the other day from a woman whose friend has passed away dur to cancer leaving behind a beloved friend, Big Papa. Big Papa is a trained therapy dog that is homeless and currently on his way to the animal control facility in Florida unless someone can find a home for him.

I couldn't turn this email away. We have to turn away a lot of people and their owner surrenders every month, but a therapy pit bull is not something that floats around all the time. "He was her pride and joy and was being trained as a therapy done before she got sick with cancer."

He does fine with females but has had issues with males but is wonderful with any and all people. He lives with children and did amazingly well with them.

Please email us at bullypawsrescue@gmail.com so we can try to arrange transport. If you know of a friend that could benefit from an already trained therapy dog, please pass this message along.

Thank you so much.

Bully Paws"
Last edited by PitBull-Lady on Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Re: PB! Therapy Dog 'Big Papa' Available for Adoption

Postby PitBull-Lady » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:34 pm

If anyone does call Bully Paws and starts to unravel this weird situation, please let us know what is up with Big Papa. It really seems like he should be given a chance.
PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Re: Florida Therapy Dog 'Big Papa' for Adoption

Postby Curly_07 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:09 am

I have contacted the Director of the pit bull rescue I work with to see if we can make some room for him. She has therapy dogs of her own and may know someone that could use him...she is on PBF, so hopefully she will stop through soon.

On a side note...I am IN LOVE with him!!! Can I just keep him for myself???
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby PitBull-Lady » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:06 pm

Curly_07 wrote:I have contacted the Director of the pit bull rescue I work with to see if we can make some room for him. She has therapy dogs of her own and may know someone that could use him...she is on PBF, so hopefully she will stop through soon.

On a side note...I am IN LOVE with him!!! Can I just keep him for myself???

Congrats on several things... like working with a group that does that!

Is there any good news???
it's just sad that the family seems desperate to get rid of him :(
PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:50 am

PitBull-Lady wrote:[!

Is there any good news???
it's just sad that the family seems desperate to get rid of him :(

wow no kidding. :0 ( Fingers and all paws crossed for what looks like a great dog. :0 (
luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby Curly_07 » Mon May 10, 2010 7:00 pm

Any word on this guy? I was told right after I posted before, that another rescue had snatched him up. I only know of 1 other pit rescue in this area besides us, and I haven't seen him with them.... they are on PBF too.
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs