From Indiana

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

From Indiana

Postby Zagari » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:00 pm

All dogs have either been adopted out or euthanized.
I'm very happy for the dogs who made it out and I still mourn the dogs who didn't. RIP
Last edited by Zagari on Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Re: Titus and friends - IN **New pics up**

Postby Zagari » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:18 pm

New photos and dogs added. :)
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:16 pm

Titus/Bubba :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby Zagari » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:41 pm

I KNOW!!! I want to bring him home so bad. But... I can't. He'd be an amazing dog for anyone that can deal with his dog aggression.
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:46 am

awww, I like Bentlee, poor gal....
Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby ammadien » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:33 am

Titus is showing some DA then? And any idea how old Devon is? under 2?

Nate
ammadien
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Zagari » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:24 pm

ammadien wrote:Titus is showing some DA then? And any idea how old Devon is? under 2?

Nate

Devon is about six months old. Just got the news that he went home yesterday! Yay!

Yes, Titus has shown quite a bit of DA. Though, we have another mixed breed male who is extremely DA and they walked by one another with no interest.
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Postby Zagari » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:50 pm

I'm really trying to push these dogs! Please, please, please help us out!! Know any rescues? Can even be out of state.
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Postby Zagari » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:55 pm

I am very sorry to say that Titus was euthanized yesterday. It really breaks my heart that I wasn't there with him. I didn't even know that they had planned his and three other dogs' deaths. Titus' only downfall? Dog aggression. He caused two dog fights but it was human error that let them happen. Board members thought that he was too dangerous to release to the public. The manager and I tried our best to get him in rescue in and out of state. I never got any replies to my emails and I don't think she did either. I really wish someone would have come forward and helped that amazing dog out.

As a general rule, our shelter does not euth for space. We keep a dog until it gets adopted. So, when euthanasias happen, it is a big deal around the shelter.

RIP Titus
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Re: Bullies from Indiana

Postby merriterrier » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:44 am

I'm sorry. :hug:

It sucks that DA becomes cause for euth.

I really liked him (well, what i knew from the internet). Wish I could have helped.
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby Zagari » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:49 am

Scarlett is staying over with me this weekend. I'm excited to bring her home, if only for a while.
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Postby Zagari » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:09 pm

Scarlett is at my house for now. She'll be going back to work with me in the morning and will come home with me again tomorrow night. She's changed so much in such a short time. The shelter isn't good for her. She barks at everyone and everything when in her kennel.

At home, she loves everyone although she does bark a little bit at first. She is amazing at weight pull, loves the spring pole and flirt pole too. I NEED a rescue to take her. Her fate will be the same as Titus's if no one will take her, I fear. I've been emailing up a storm. No one ever replied to my emails last go around, I really hope someone will this time. I took a bunch of pics but not too many turned out well since my camera sucks in the rain and dusk. Hopefully tomorrow night will be better.

Surprisingly, Scarlett and my Emily did not try to kill each other. They successfully stood next to one another on loose leashes. It didn't last too long, but they did do it for a while. I was so excited. I would love to keep her but it's just not a good time right now.
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Re: Bullies from Indiana - Please help find rescues!

Postby merriterrier » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:50 pm

How big is Scarlett? I have a FABULOUS adoptive family who will be looking soon, and I am looking for the perfect dog for them.
What other info can you give me about her?
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby Zagari » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:14 pm

Scarlett is maybe 40 pounds. I don't have a real number. She's about three inches shorter than my 54 pounder and a lot smaller body wise.

Her and Emily did tolerate one another but in the shelter environment, Scarlett is a demon around other dogs. Her only real vice is the leash tugging (tugging is a nice way to put it, I can't really explain it). It makes it really difficult to walk her. I've been trying to work with her on it. She can sit, down, shake, high five, half way roll over. She is VERY clingy. She wants to be with you at all times. When I walked away, she screamed.

She really just needs a job. I'll post some pics up of her weekend with me. She loved the spring pole and flirt pole most. She is very respectful when it comes to human food. When she first came in, she was skinny and food aggressive. We stopped by Subway the other morning and she waited patiently until I was ready to give her the pieces of egg. We stayed in the truck for two hours yesterday and all she did was sleep on my lap. She rides very well in a vehicle. Very respectful of most everything human related. She hasn't had her safer test done yet, but I've messes with her mouth, feet, tail, etc and she didn't mind at all.

Over all, she's a great dog. The other shelter employees were shocked when I described our weekend because she just doesn't act that way in the shelter. I really want her to have a chance but I've kind of been shielding myself just in case the board decides to euthanize her too. I really don't want to get attached but it is too late. :oops:
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Postby Zagari » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:39 pm

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=134590

The Scarlett picture spam is located in that thread. Be prepared for lots o' pics.
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs