Hello from Florida...

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Florida...

Postby Mariposa2 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:20 pm

I just found this forum today and it's great. The reason I joined is because I'm trying to find a home for my 3 year old tan pit bull. Her name is Canela and she is spayed and has current shots. She is wonderful with kids and other dogs. The reason I need to find her a new home is because my husband is in the Military and we can't take her to our next duty station. I had a guy who was going to adopt her, take her on Friday, but he bailed on us today. I'm running out of time and my only other option so far is a no-kill shelter up in West Palm. It breaks my heart to think I may have to take her there. She is a wonderful dog.
Ami
Mariposa2

Postby yuk237 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:23 pm

:welcome: Do you have pictures of your dog? Where is your next duty station?
yuk237

pic

Postby Mariposa2 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:29 pm

I do have a pic, but I'm not sure how to post it here, I can't even get it to load on my avatar. We're going to California for a brief time and then we're not sure..[/img]
Mariposa2

Postby mypitmika » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:35 pm

Wow, I'm really sorry for your situation - that sucks. I hope you find a wonderful home for your girl - the avatar pic is working - she's a beauty. Wish I could help...but I'm sure there are other members who might have some good contacts for you. Best of luck!
mypitmika
Pit Bull Forum Addict

posting in other sections..

Postby Mariposa2 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:39 pm

is there a specific amount of time i have to wait before i can make a post in the rescue/adoptions section?
thanks..
Mariposa2

Postby X-girl » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:50 pm

Welcome to the board. I am terribly sorry about your situation but I believe there is assistance available to you with your dog. I will try to find the link, as I think it has been posted on the forum before. Please check back, I'm going to go look for it.
X-girl
Regulator

Postby X-girl » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:55 pm

OK, I found the link:

https://www.netpets.org//militarypet/foster.php

I know you said time is not on your side but please check out this resource and see if they can help you. There are too many dogs and not enough homes out there these days.
X-girl
Regulator

Thank you..

Postby Mariposa2 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:52 am

Meredeth, thank you for finding this link for me. I have filled the form out and we'll see what happens. I'm not sure where we're going after our brief time in California, but it would be nice to get Canela back...
Ami
Mariposa2

Postby tjbsandy » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:01 am

:welcome:
tjbsandy

Postby Boo439 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:56 am

Wow, I signed up to be a foster home. I didn't even know there was such a program!!

BTW, Welcome and I hope you find someone to foster your baby.
Boo439

Re: Thank you..

Postby X-girl » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:47 am

Mariposa2 wrote:Meredeth, thank you for finding this link for me. I have filled the form out and we'll see what happens. I'm not sure where we're going after our brief time in California, but it would be nice to get Canela back...
Ami

You're welcome. I have my fingers crossed for you and your family. I hope it works out for the best. Please keep us posted, Ami.
X-girl
Regulator

Postby DozersMom » Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:47 pm

Paws2Help is a great shelter...did you try there?
DozersMom

Thanks..

Postby Mariposa2 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:05 pm

No, I haven't tried there, but I'm working with a possible foster home so I want to try that first...thank you for the info.
Mariposa2

Postby sahara311 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:05 pm

I hope it all works out for you!!!
sahara311
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Return to Introductions