Transport ?

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Transport ?

Postby loye » Mon May 03, 2010 9:11 pm

I just found out about a dog in need in NY. She is on death row and doesn't have much time. I am considering fostering her, but am wondering if anyone could help transport her to me here in MI. I have been thinking about getting into fostering lately but have to be careful of course because the kids. I am no against crate/rotate and have done it in the past. I've contacted local shelters around here and have yet to hear anything back. But i wanna do what I can to help. I've got Monty, and he is doing great around females (still closely supervised/muzzled) just to be safe. I think having another dog around would do him some good. I know it'll be lots of work, but I'm prepared for it.

Here's the girl I'm looking at.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/pet/1723186506.html
loye
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Re: Transport ?

Postby loye » Tue May 04, 2010 8:59 pm

Is there any rescues out that way that could maybe at least pull her? The woman I am in contact with told me that "Pilot for Paws" can fly her here, but I need help getting her pulled!
loye
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Nickdawg » Tue May 04, 2010 9:58 pm

maybe you should post this in general?
she certainly tugs the heartstrings and I am not saying don't foster her but maybe a member here could assess her pre-pull as well which I think given your scenerio is important.... if the lady you are in contact with is experienced assessment wise with pit bulls, then ignore that, but posting in general will definitely get more traffic....
Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby loye » Tue May 04, 2010 10:05 pm

Thanks! I'll try it, though I'm getting a little disheartened as I've e-mailed the woman again 3 more times since this morning and now she's not getting back with me :( Hope its not to late for the poor thing
loye
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs