Procter & Gamble purchases Natura (EVO)

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
pumpkinpunk
Matured Bully

Re: Procter & Gamble purchases Natura (EVO)

Postby pumpkinpunk » Thu May 06, 2010 1:35 pm

mtlu wrote:
heartbullies wrote:If you find a local supplier for the grain-free formulas of Champion brand's other pet food, Acana (well, specifically the Pacifica; Booker can't eat lamb!) please let me know!

I'll keep you posted – and Molly is pescatarian as well :). I'm going to ask the guy at the pet supply store in my neighborhood if he can order it. I'm pretty sure he carries Orijen and supposedly the Bay Area distributor for Champion is out of Sacramento. He's pretty good about ordering stuff and I've seen him drop crummier lines of kibble over the last couple years. The other local mom & pop shop I checked with a few months ago couldn't get the Acana for some reason but I don't think they sell as much dog food (but they're great for bird stuff).

Chance is pescatarian as well, our supplier for P.dog has trouble getting the fish protein foods sometimes due to fishing regulations. And about 2 months ago it became a little harder for us to order it, I think things are back to normal because we are stocking 5 and 30lbs bags weekly now. It's good to keep an eye on fishing reg's because sometimes I have to go to 2 other stores in Boston before I can find the orijen 6 fish in any size bag!

spritecann
Newborn Bully

Postby spritecann » Thu May 06, 2010 7:01 pm

Proctor & Gamble own Iams and Eukanuba as well

http://www.iamscruelty.com/introduction.asp

Emily
Super Bully

Postby Emily » Thu May 06, 2010 10:08 pm

So not cool. I used the cat/kitten Innova in my ferret's mix and would also buy it for my parent's cats. And I liked the treats for the dogs. Sellouts.

haircrazie016
Bully Ambassador

Postby haircrazie016 » Thu May 06, 2010 10:25 pm

my guys never did well longterm on evo or innova, i switched to merricks BG a while ago and have been happy with it... I mostly sympathize for the allergy kids on california natural though!!

FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Postby FransterDoo » Tue May 11, 2010 3:42 pm

So this is whirling around facebook via all my flyball friends:

"Rumor has it, the buyout of Natura (makers of Innova, California Natural, Evo, Karma,etc) by Proctor and Gamble is not TECHNICALLY a done deal!Someone on a list I'm on, called and spoke to someone at Natura. She said that if we want to make a difference, we need to flood them with emails and phone calls. They are listening. Email is: custserv@naturapet.com Phone is: (800) 532-7261"

BabyReba

Postby BabyReba » Tue May 11, 2010 4:13 pm

just sent them an email.

pinsent
Adolescent Bully

Postby pinsent » Tue May 11, 2010 4:46 pm

sending an email

BabyReba

Postby BabyReba » Wed May 12, 2010 4:04 pm

this was the response i got from natura. not encouraging.

Dear Erin Sullivan,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are extremely pleased that your canine family is showing success with our California Natural products.

P&G believes wholeheartedly in Natura’s nutritional philosophy and have absolutely no intention of “compromising” the quality of its brands. In fact, they are fully committed to maintaining the quality of these terrific brands.

Our dedication to quality and our nutritional philosophy has not changed. Natura’s Founders; John & Ann Rademakers and Peter Atkins, started Natura’s business with the purpose to provide the healthiest pet foods in the world. In building Natura’s business they have maintained animal health and wellness as a priority. They have strongly supported their independent retail partners.

Let’s take a moment to reflect and think about the fact that they would not entrust Natura’s legacy to the new owner if they were not convinced that P &G would carry out their product philosophies and quality. P&G is committed to growing the Natura brands and they recognize the critical nature of growing the brands through the independent pet specialty stores.

We will continue to celebrate and advance Natura's legacy and nutritional philosophy and maintain Natura's current high standards for product and ingredient quality, food safety and manufacturing excellence. And, we will continue to support the development of a thriving independent pet specialty channel.

Again, thank you for contacting us and we especially thank you for giving us the opportunity to respond to your concerns.

Your Friend,

Nicole
Natura Representative

FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Postby FransterDoo » Wed May 12, 2010 4:35 pm

I about the same email from other folks too. bummer.

pinsent
Adolescent Bully

Postby pinsent » Wed May 12, 2010 5:08 pm

lol i got the same email. COPY PASTE.
I wonder how many emails they get in a day.
I advised them to remember the food will stay the same for a bit, but when the head wants to make more money what will get the axe. the food or staff or both.

Shanda
Addicted to PBF

Postby Shanda » Wed May 12, 2010 5:24 pm

I called them last week when I heard of this. I've fed EVO & Innova for years, EVO since it first came out, and I'm really upset over this. The girl read me the exact same stuff they emailed.

The thing that really pisses me off if that just in 2008 I sat in person with two head honchos from Natura and was told, emphatically, that they would remain an independent company, that they had no lofty of ideals of going corporate or moving towards high-volume production. So much for that. :po:

pumpkinpunk
Matured Bully

Postby pumpkinpunk » Wed May 12, 2010 8:25 pm

redgrrl wrote:I called them last week when I heard of this. I've fed EVO & Innova for years, EVO since it first came out, and I'm really upset over this. The girl read me the exact same stuff they emailed.

The thing that really pisses me off if that just in 2008 I sat in person with two head honchos from Natura and was told, emphatically, that they would remain an independent company, that they had no lofty of ideals of going corporate or moving towards high-volume production. So much for that. :po:

I had a rep come into our store and tell us they would never sell out to a large corporation and would remain loyal to small shops.

But I recently got a letter in the mail from Natura at my work and paragraphs read as "This transaction holds the promise of combining Natura's outstanding natural pet food and treat brands with the vast recourses of P&G to accelerate Natura's growth in holistic/natural segment of the pet food market" which to us reads as quality control being over looked because Natura is already one of the most popular food brands in any locally owned pet health food stores which is where Natura will only sell food to under old ownership. Growth for Natura by a corporation that utilizes vivisection to test their products is really sad since this product was started to help these animals not support death of them in laboratories. Also read "Accurate information is crucial during this time of change. As you are asked about this deal help in providing the perspective above will help minimize rumors and distractions to our business. We ask that everyone continue their focus on growing the Natura Pet Products brands." Sorry P&G I have already convinced almost every customer that has come to not buy any of your products and to switch off your food immediately to avoid any shady dealing by your company!

We are getting in more lines from Acana to fill in the gaps when we stop carrying Natura.

turtle
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby turtle » Wed May 12, 2010 9:21 pm

Damn, that's a shame!

I've feed Innova kibble for about 7 yrs now and it's a good food. But the companies all go for the money in the end. Timberwolf also sold out a few years ago and their quality went down and the price went up and then they had recalls and problems with the food.

Too bad money talks so loudly....

HersheyBear
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby HersheyBear » Thu May 13, 2010 10:36 pm

saw this on Dogster/Catster. Hershey has been doing well on EVO canned so, until they change the ingredients, going to stick with it. and hope for the best.

HersheyBear
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby HersheyBear » Thu May 13, 2010 10:37 pm

spritecann wrote:Proctor & Gamble own Iams and Eukanuba as well

http://www.iamscruelty.com/introduction.asp

thats a PETA link, and anything from PETA, you have to take with a grain of salt

Return to “Health Issues”