found another one...

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Re: found another one...

Postby ilikelily » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:58 pm

McLovin is the name of a reported lost dog in the area.
Neil said that he was not responding to the name though. We absolutely have no where for him to go.... but the woman who runs the rescue is going to check on his status today... just in case we find somewhere for him to go...
ilikelily
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ilikelily » Sat May 08, 2010 1:38 pm

Getting nervous and excited and maybe just a tiny bit sad... Chloe is going to her foster home in three hours!
ilikelily
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Ilovethepits » Mon May 10, 2010 8:44 am

ilikelily wrote:Getting nervous and excited and maybe just a tiny bit sad... Chloe is going to her foster home in three hours!

Aww, sorry so late to this thread but BIG HUGS to you!!
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby ilikelily » Mon May 10, 2010 12:07 pm

Thank you!!!!

I have had two glowing reports since Saturday. Chloe is doing wonderful. The home she went into has two resident dogs- a senior male and an older female. The male has had an array of serious health issues and is somewhat fragile; and Chloe is a 9-month-old puppy but it seems the two of them have really taken to each other and are snuggle buddies! It is taking the resident female dog a little more time to warm up to her- but the foster mom expects them to be playing soon enough. And Chloe really, really gravitated to the foster mom's autistic son. So it was made official on Saturday that this would be a foster to adopt situation! :nana: I am so happy for Chloe. This home is dog heaven and she was instantly so comfortable there. Still keeping my fingers crossed, but everything is looking good for Chloe's future. It is amazing how far she has come in just a few weeks. :))
ilikelily
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Ilovethepits » Mon May 10, 2010 12:19 pm

WOW what great news!! I will keep fingers, toes and paws crossed for Chloe (even though it sounds like she doesn't need it)!! It's wonderful that you can get updates about her. Bless your heart for keeping her and finding her a safe place to land.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby ilikelily » Tue May 18, 2010 10:36 am

I received this message from Chloe last week:

It's Chloe, here! I just wanted to let you know that I'm enjoying my new house, but I miss you guys! Thanks for finding me a really good home ... the food, the accommodations, treats and amenities are four star!

I am learning to be a sous chef with my canine friends, Dudley & Fly. When Kathy is preparing food, we all stand by so that we can help in any way we can! And I think I'm learning a lot and am very talented!

Kathy and I slept on the "coma couch" my first 2 nights (so called because it's so comfy). We also cuddle up on it when she's reading, using that laptop thingie, and watching movies. She loves when I tuck my nose under her, or put my head (she calls it my "blockhead") on hers! I also enjoy laying on Dudley's bed with him, or lying next to him on the rug next to Kathy's desk (we like to keep her company when she works). Bliss, indeed!

I enjoy walking with the two Sharp Noses; they make me feel safe, but I still walk closely to Kathy. She complimented me on knowing how to "heel" so beautifully. She's pretty easy to please ... she thinks EVERYTHING I do is so cute and amazing!

I'm doing what you told me and going out to do my "business" -- no accidents at all! I love the yard because there are lots of birds and squirrels to watch and I love to run around in the bushes. I do have to make one confession: I did take a little container of Play-Doh off of Damian's toy shelf, but Kathy traded me a bone for the container -- not a bad deal!

Come and see me sometime! Thanks for saving me, and much love,
Miss Chloe Co-Co Clovis "Blockhead"

And found out she learned to fetch over the weekend! :))

I am thinking this adoption will be finalized sooner than later. :nana:
ilikelily
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs