posting for a friend - needs a foster for a year, young male

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

posting for a friend - needs a foster for a year, young male

Postby myskja » Tue May 25, 2010 4:30 pm

I hope I don't step on any toes or set off any of the mods ;), but I am looking for resources or help for a friend.

My friend, D, adopted a pit bull puppy about a year ago from a local shelter in western PA. Her husband was offered a wonderful job opportunity in CA for a year on very short notice, and they are trying hard to find a rental that will allow pit bulls, with little success. The situation is exacerbated by the fact that she has a special needs son and there are further complications with trying to arrange his education that also have to do with their housing.

D is very worried that she won't be able to find housing with her pit bull, and is considering trying to find him a foster home for no more than a year as she doesn't want to give him up forever. They have to move in 6 weeks.

I've passed on the normal suggestions for looking for a rental with a pit bull to her, but it looks like she is still having a hard time.

I can say what I think I would do, but I'm not in her situation, so I guess the best thing is to try to find help instead of...well, doing or saying anything else. :)

His name is Tryggvi, he's a little over a year old, he is solid red and fixed. He lives with a female Lab and two cats and there have never been any problems. I've met him on multiple occasions and he plays well with my male pit bull. He's a little dominant with other dogs, but Kell, who is usually cool as cucumber, put Tryggvi in his place once when Tryggvi started humping his head (and really, who wouldn't?), and Tryggvi took the correction easily. He's energetic and sweet, curious and playful, pretty typical APBT.

I'm pretty sure D is willing to offer financial compensation as far as food, vet bills, etc., goes, as well.

So, please, let me know if there is anything else I can pass on to her. Thank you!
myskja
Adolescent Bully

Re: posting for a friend - needs a foster for a year, young male

Postby heartbullies » Thu May 27, 2010 8:11 am

I can't board their boy.... but where are they moving in CA?
heartbullies
Regulator

Postby Adrianne » Thu May 27, 2010 12:08 pm

I'm set off... but no ability to board. Have her contact doggy daycares and over night boarding houses that may offer a discounted year long rate.
Adrianne
Regulator

Postby myskja » Thu May 27, 2010 2:26 pm

They are moving to Redwood City.
myskja
Adolescent Bully

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs