Mamadog

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Mamadog

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Sat May 22, 2010 7:52 pm

Still looking for a home, not a single nibble, even after three months online. She's 49 lbs, crate trained, good with other dogs and Ok with cats. She is starting her HW treatment this week.
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Re: Mamadog

Postby dogs4jen » Sat May 22, 2010 9:10 pm

She's really cute, good luck Mamadog.
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby Nickdawg » Sat May 22, 2010 10:25 pm

I think she is gorgeous, where are those looking for a tri?
Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby ilovetyson » Sat May 22, 2010 11:27 pm

OMG, she is beautiful!!!!!! :inlove: Why arent these Sexy babys being adopted?!?!
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby mtlu » Sun May 23, 2010 12:13 am

Nickdawg wrote:I think she is gorgeous, where are those looking for a tri?

x2!! Molly sends some tail wagging shelter adoptee luck to Mamadog!
mtlu
Addicted to PBF

Postby trexgorawrrrrr » Sun May 23, 2010 1:07 am

she is beautiful! i hope she finds a home soon :pray
trexgorawrrrrr
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby bullheaded » Sun May 23, 2010 4:05 am

Wow, she is beautiful :inlove: . Hard to believe no one is interested. Good luck Mamadog. Sending quick adoption vibes your way.
bullheaded
Matured Bully

Postby merriterrier » Sun May 23, 2010 8:50 am

:inlove:

Good Luck Mamadog!
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby heartbullies » Sun May 23, 2010 9:10 am

gorgeous girl!!!
:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
heartbullies
Regulator

Postby loye » Sun May 23, 2010 8:16 pm

Oh my! She is gorgeous!!! I love tris!!! If only I were closer to some of these sweeties in need on here
loye
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby chinsNdobermans » Mon May 24, 2010 9:35 pm

She's beautiful. If only... :inlove:
chinsNdobermans
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby mi2ni3 » Tue May 25, 2010 4:28 am

:inlove: Wow, she is gorgeous!! Good luck!
mi2ni3
Newborn Bully

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Fri May 28, 2010 6:33 am

Despite this detailed bio, and good pictures, nothing. I think people assume I am lying when I say she is not a mix because her colors look like a rottie? She was taken from her BYB for neglect and her puppy violet was a beautiful blue girl.

Mamadog is a nice adult female dog, she is about 2 years old and has had her share of puppies before she was rescued and spayed. Now that she has learned the good life of the indoors, it is hard to pry her out of her crate/off the kitchen floor to go outside. She doesn't like hot weather and she doesn't like cold weather and she doesn't want to get wet - so in the rain, she would prefer a raincoat or an umbrella. She has been treated for worms, thinning hair and heartworms. Her hair has grown back nicely and she's in great physical condition. She weighs 49-51 lbs and she needs an owner who will keep her at that weight. She loves to eat and can easily gain more weight but she should keep this weight as it is optimal for her health and physical conditioning. She is easy to train as her brain is in her stomach and will do just about anything for a treat. She's tall and big boned, not a short squatty pit bull but a long legged nicely portioned one. She's not an early riser and prefers to sleep in when she can.

Her good points: She's crate trained and almost housebroken. Has never met a person she doesn't like. Very sweet and affectionate, leaner, snuggler, kisser. Has been fine with cats inside, but will chase squirrels in the yard so she chase cats outside. Respects a baby gate. Eager to please, loving and affectionate. Food motivated, makes training. Very pretty, nice coat, no allergy or skin issues. Her coat is soft and shiny and doesn't seem to shed very much. Nice dark blue and a tricolor which you do not often see. Good with other dogs, plays appropriately with both sexes of dogs but does seem to prefer multiple boyfriends.

Her points to work on: can be a little bit of a knucklehead (until food comes out), always wants to be close to her person, sometimes underfoot. Pulls on lead, counter surfer, always looking for something to eat. She's easy to correct with verbal commands but then may go right back to mis behaving once your back is turned.

She jumps on people, not hard but kind of jumps up to be close, and try to get to your face to kiss. She's not the kind of dog to "bounce off", repeatedly jumping on people but it is still something that needs work. She has a very soft disposition, positive training would be important and no physical correction. Any attention is good attention to her, even a voice correction reaches her goal of connecting with a person.

Moderate energy level - will require daily walks or a fenced yard. She plays physically with other dogs, wrestling, chase, body slamming. She will share toys with other dogs but I would recommend supervision just in case there is something especially good that she won't give up. Without regular exercise, she could easily get fat and lazy.

Easy to distract around other animals because her ultimate goal is human attention. I do not know how she will do in an unfenced yard. My advice is to have her on lead at all times. Either a long lead or a cable tie out and not unattended. I would not trust her not to take off after a squirrel or bird and chase it into the road.

She's crate trained and working on being housebroken. She has been spayed, fully vaccinated, Hw tested, treated and now on prevention. She is also microchipped. She is a wonderful soft girl who has never met a stranger. She would love to meet you today. She's a pretty easy going dog and would make a great pet.
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby ilovetyson » Fri May 28, 2010 11:07 am

God, she is Just BEAUTIFUL! I JUST LOVEEEEEE Tris...And Blues... But a Combo of the both!! o God! She sounds just perfect! I Don't understand why No one has just snatched her up! seriously! omg! :inlove:
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby mtlu » Fri May 28, 2010 11:57 am

Gah, her bio describes Molly to 95% and she really sounds like an awesome girl!

Initially, I was thinking that maybe the bio is too long and could deter first time owners or people who are "just browsing" but on second thought, that's probably not such a bad thing. She sounds like a fairly easy dog but I can totally understand bully rescues wanting adopters with breed experience.

Continued good wishes that Mamadog will get a wonderful home soon. She pulls at my heart for obvious reasons.
mtlu
Addicted to PBF

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs