Hi to everyone!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Postby magnum1984 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:44 pm

Hi Motodiva

Thanks for all your wonderfull information about pit bulls. You hit the nail on the head with what I am looking for. Age is not as important to me as personality. Sex of the dog does not matter. The most important thing to me will be if I bond with the dog when I meet him/her.

One last question, you wrote your adult pit bull is 45 pounds, others have dogs that are much bigger. By the time they are year or two old, can it be predicted how big they will be when full grown?
magnum1984

Postby Motodiva » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:55 pm

At 2 years old, they are full grown. Does size matter to you? If so, what would you like?
Motodiva
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Motodiva » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:55 pm

Oh yeah, where do you live? That will help in the search.
Motodiva
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby phez718 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:59 pm

magnum1984 wrote:I live in northern Illinois.
phez718

Postby phez718 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:10 pm

Welcome to the board!

I think it's great that you want to rescue an adult. I rescued the guy in my avatar in June and he's been the best dog. He is mildly dog aggressive, but that comes with the territory of wanting a pit bull. You should be expecting dog aggression, though not all pit bulls are dog aggressive.

At 2 years, a dog will most likely be at its adult weight, though it could still be filling out a little.

My dog, at 53 lbs, eats about 2- 2 1/2 cups of food a day. I recommend reading as much as you can on food in the health section. And pay close attention to posts made by barbponys, our resident nutrition expert.

You can also use the search feature at the top of the page to look up other questions you may have. Most topics have been covered and the threads usually have lots of useful information.

Good luck. :)
phez718

Postby Wednesday » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:08 am

Hey Magnum,

Check your PM's. :)
Wednesday
Bully Ambassador

Postby AllAmericanPUP » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:13 am

Welcome!

And thank you for researching and asking questions before getting a pit bull :headbang: , wish more people did that
AllAmericanPUP

Previous

Return to Introductions