Sassaba needs a home!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Sassaba needs a home!

Postby Bully_Love » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:39 am

This here is Sassaba, he's been at the BARCS shelter now since March 12th, and no body has shown any interest in him. He is a very high energy dog, and when you walk by his kennel he bounces up and down like a jack russel terrier. lol This of course puts people off, and they don't even ask to take him out. He needs a home/foster home that can handle a very high energy dog, but he is a very good boy! He also loved the agility equipment I was training him on at the shelter, so who knows? :)

Here are some pictures of Sassaba:

And here's a video (audio doesn't match up with the video, not sure why)
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/C ... IM1215.flv

Hope he could warm someone's heart! :angel: He really is a good boy! If anyone is interested in adopting/fostering, here is the website: http://baltimoreanimalshelter.com/default.php
Bully_Love
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Re: Sassaba needs a home!

Postby Bully_Love » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:46 am

Woops, forgot this video. This is one of him using the agility equipment. Sure he needs a little work, but there's only a very small amount of the shelter dogs that will even try!

Bully_Love
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby pblove » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:00 pm

aw man he sure is handsome and my favorite color too!!
how is he around other dogs/cats
approx how old do they think he is
any temperament tests been done on him?
I only have 5 (five) foot fencing so that might be an issue with Mr. Jumping Jack. :headbang:
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby Amie » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:56 am

Sharon, we haven't done any tests on him, but if there's time today (and it's Saturday and a Rabies clinic day, so there probably won't be) I can try to walk him around some dogs and cats and let you know if I see anything. I'll get his stats, too.
Amie
Regulator

Postby pblove » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:52 am

that would be good if you can find the time one day Amie. I am off to a dog show today and Paige has an agility seminar tomorow or else I would come down thsi weekend
As I am sure you can tell, I am now looking for a new dog to do sports.
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby Amie » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:43 pm

We've DEFINITELY got some good sports dog prospects! If not Sassaba, someone! I didn't get in there today (I don't think I even made it into a dog room!) but I'll give it a shot tomorrow. And my days off are Tuesday and Wednesday, so any of the other days feel free to come visit and I'll happily show you around!
Amie
Regulator

Postby Amie » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:21 am

Well, I managed to look and see that he's a year and a half, but didn't get to take him out. I'll keep trying to get a free moment! :D
Amie
Regulator

Postby Bully_Love » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:20 am

Sorry I've missed this! I've had a busy past few days. Sassaba gets along with other dogs through the run it seems, but he's very noisy about it! He goes into his play stance and runs up and down with them, but he barks the whole time. But there's never been any aggression, just lots of barking, lol.He would be great for sports, he certainly has the energy for it! And he LOVES the tire jump, that's his favorite thing :)) Let me know if you have any more questions, I know this boy really well.
Bully_Love
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Amie » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:00 pm

Sharon, if you're interested in seeing Sassaba, his adoption fee is waved this month!
Amie
Regulator

Postby dogs4jen » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:18 pm

Hey Amie or Sharon, did you see that cute little girl they took in off the streets of Baltimore, they had her pic on Facebook yesterday? She was quite small and almost if not all black.
Sassaba looks like fun!
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby pblove » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:03 pm

no I didn't see her Jen
I rarely get on FB because I have dial up and it freezes my puter when I get on there
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby dogs4jen » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:26 pm

I know what you mean Sharon, we had dial up until a few months ago. I think it freezes up the dsl too though! Here's the entry:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/not ... 9065517742
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby Amie » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:18 am

Ah - that's Baltimore County, not Baltimore City. Different shelter. Not at all confusing! lol
Amie
Regulator

Postby pblove » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:58 am

dogs4jen wrote:I know what you mean Sharon, we had dial up until a few months ago. I think it freezes up the dsl too though! Here's the entry:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/not ... 9065517742

I still have not gone to the link (trying to load Sassaba's video and it is taking forever)
But
I did call the B'More County shelter and talked to the lady that tkaes care of the pit bul.s Her name is Dora(?) and an out of town rescue is trying to arrange a transport for her now becasue she ahs a home lined up a;ready!!! Yeah for Dora
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby dogs4jen » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:03 am

Thanks Sharon, that was really nice of you! That's wonderful for Dora, so nice to hear. I was starting to think really stupid things, like I wonder how far away Maryland is from Michigan or maybe it wouldn't be so bad to have four dogs. :huh?:
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs