black and tan dogs

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

black and tan dogs

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:05 am

Links to black n tan rescues

Does anyone have pictures of BlackN Tan pit bulls or links to rescued dogs? I am putting up a blog post about the unwanted black and tan and want to add in links to available black and tan dogs.
Last edited by Amy Hendrickson on Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Re: black and tan dogs

Postby jtalt7 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:30 am

I have three black and tan with white Pit Bulls that were up for adoption. They have since found their homes though. Would that help you ? If so, let me know and I can shoot you over some pics. Otherwise, all mine are in their forever homes.
jtalt7
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:56 am

Pictures would be good too, to show it does happen. I was telling another rescuer about mamadog and that I think I'm having a hard time because people think she's a mix because she's tricolor and she said "well, they are". So I had to whip out my Colby book and show her the black and tans and that they were JP's favorite color back in the early 1900s. I am sure there are plenty of mixed pit bulls in black and tan but color alone does not indicate purity (unless we are talking about merles : ) ). Labs can come in brindle pointed and black and tan and while it is highly discouraged, it does happen.
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby jtalt7 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:32 pm

Sent an email to you. When I get more pics I will send them on.

Everyone thinks Kal is a beagle mix because of her coloring or that I HAVE to be wrong because there is no way she is a pit bull. Whatever, she has more heart and trust and devotion there is no question she is a APBT .

Blue tri is the new blue fad. I am sorry your girl hasnt had any apps I am surprised by it actually but I dont know why as we havent had an app in months on anything.
jtalt7
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby FBODGRL » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:05 pm

I absolutely love tri colors. I think chocolate Tri's are my favorite(maybe from seeing Booker here), but I love them all.

I was actually talking about this with someone yesterday. I never see tri colors on pet finder. I mean I don't search pet finder everyday, but I do look often(don't tell Khan and the cats)
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby chinsNdobermans » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:11 pm

I love tri color pits! :inlove:
chinsNdobermans
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby mtlu » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:04 pm

There's a thread in the gallery for members to post their black & tan dogs – Molly is on page 1 and you can take any of her photos to use if you want. She was adopted from a shelter in Northern California three years ago.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=114634
mtlu
Addicted to PBF

Postby Amie » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:21 am

Amy Hendrickson wrote: Labs can come in brindle pointed and black and tan and while it is highly discouraged, it does happen.

I have a whole litter of brindle and (red) tri-color (like a baby labby Booker!) lab puppies at my shelter right now -- would those help at all? The problem is they're still at that age where they don't look super breed specific. But we do have them listed as labs.
Amie
Regulator

Postby Amie » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:30 am

Oh, and I don't know if this thread will help you or not: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=114634
Amie
Regulator

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:20 pm

Here's my piece
http://ascpbr.com/Blog/Entries/2010/6/6 ... d_Tan.html

I got a few pictures, thanks!
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby GoingPostal » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:06 am

Loved it! And Havoc on there :inlove:
GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby chewbecca » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:10 am

Amie wrote:
Amy Hendrickson wrote: Labs can come in brindle pointed and black and tan and while it is highly discouraged, it does happen.

I have a whole litter of brindle and (red) tri-color (like a baby labby Booker!) lab puppies at my shelter right now -- would those help at all? The problem is they're still at that age where they don't look super breed specific. But we do have them listed as labs.

I WISH you were in Illinois.
We're looking to POSSIBLY foster a male pit bull puppy (YES WE ARE CRAZY).
And a tri would be a DREAM.

Luckily, there is someone looking for a puppy for us to foster.

I think I'm losing my mind! lol
chewbecca
Addicted to PBF

Postby heartbullies » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:03 pm

i do, i do!

let me work on this....
heartbullies
Regulator

Postby heartbullies » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:31 pm

None of these dogs are available for adoption... I think they actually are all deceased now, sadly. They aren't rare, and show up in the shelter pretty often!

An AmBully Booker in a shelter:

A DIFFERENT AmBully Booker in the same shelter:

Piebald, black, tanpoint:

Blue, brindled tanpoint, white markings:

AND of course, the one, the only... BOOKER!! Who is alive and well and preparing to celebrate his 4th adoptabirthday soon.

Bert Sorrell and also Tatonka Kennels are placesd you can find more pictures of black and tan dogs, different style of dog than the AmBullies...
heartbullies
Regulator

Postby FBODGRL » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:15 pm

heartbullies wrote:None of these dogs are available for adoption... I think they actually are all deceased now, sadly. They aren't rare, and show up in the shelter pretty often!

Good to know...not that I am looking now ;) Well I am always looking, but Khan says no lol
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs