Pekingese needs help or home!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Pekingese needs help or home!

Postby Zagari » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:24 pm

A lady surrendered a pure bred Pekingese to the shelter the other day. She said that she found the dog in early May and couldn't find the owner. The dog needs eye surgery! More than likely his eye will have to be removed and the shelter cannot afford the procedure. We're looking for either a rescue or dedicated person to adopt him.

He's a stunning dog! He's a big baby. All day yesterday, I was carrying him around like a baby and he didn't complain a bit. He is shaved to look like a little lion. But he is still really matted. I've been working on the mats but most of them are down to the skin. He's such a sweet dog!

If anyone is interested in adopting him, please contact the shelter! http://www.hspcanimals.org/
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Re: Pekingese needs help or home!

Postby msvette2u » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:57 pm

Too bad we are so far - our vet does eye removal relatively cheaply.
msvette2u

Postby resthavenfarms » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:20 am

Poor thing--when I worked in small animal we used to see the eye stuff a ton in Pekingese dogs, even more than the pugs or other buggy-eyed breeds. Wish I could help--I know a lady who'd be a great adopter for him, but we live too far from you guys.
resthavenfarms
Matured Bully

Postby Zagari » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:06 pm

"Fluffy" aka "Pekie" is getting his eye removed tomorrow morning. The low cost spay and neutered clinic S.P.O.T. agreed to do it. We usually use them for our speuters. I'm pretty sure he's getting neutered as well. He's coming home with me and I'll be sure to take lots of pictures. I love this dog so much! I'm trying to talk my family into letting me adopt him but they're not having any part in it. At least he's coming home. He'll do the rest of the work. lol He doesn't have a real name. So... that's on the agenda.

He's on Petfinder now! Check out his PF pictures. He's no stranger to sitting on the counter. lol He cracks me up! He was getting ready to get his vaccines in these pics.
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/16751077

Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs