A SHOT IN THE DARK

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

A SHOT IN THE DARK

Postby pits-r-luv » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:36 am

This is for my coworker downstairs whose daughter has 2 NON DA female pitbull terriers. No papers. She has to give up her 2 dogs because of neighbor complaints. They are currently on her porch in crates. HOT HOT HOT. Police were called, some sort of warning given... I am beyond disgusted. I have given several pieces of advice to no avail. They are not being very well taken care of at this point I gather. I have only spoken to the mother of the person who has the dogs.
The dogs are Layla and Bootsy. Approximately 3 yrs old. Not spayed. UTD on shots I think. Happy well adjusted dogs until recently. Totally loves people. NOT aggressive. They had a baby, moved into a mobile home and are gone most of the day. I have suggested chain set ups, crate and rotate, (the dogs do get along fine). I am thinking this couple has a new baby now and the dogs are old hat....... :po: :crybaby: Oh dear God, I currently have 11 dogs at my house. Shelter surrender is the last thing these girls need. Any suggestions please....
pits-r-luv
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Re: A SHOT IN THE DARK

Postby Ilovethepits » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:41 am

Try contacting www.pbrc.net and www.sulafoundation.org and see if they can help.
Also google louisiana pit bull rescue, they have some listings of no-kill shelters and some other rescues.
Best of luck to you and thank you for caring.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Re: A SHOT IN THE DARK

Postby TahsSunny » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:12 pm

Any updates?.
TahsSunny
Addicted to PBF

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs