Buddy needs a couch to crash on. (New Mexico)

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Buddy needs a couch to crash on. (New Mexico)

Postby Libby » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:38 pm

Well, I've been in contact with a few rescues around here, but so far no one has room. I'm going to go ahead and start putting him out as available soon (he wont be healthy enough for at least another week, but he needs the exposure)...and maybe he'll get lucky.

Buddy is estimated to be between 6-8 months old. He was picked up as a stray, hanging out on the side of the road. He was very thin, and had infections in what appeared to be dog bite wounds on his leg and chest.

He is being treated for the infection, and fed regularly to help with the thinness, but what Buddy really needs is a couch, and a family, to call his own.

Right now is very unsure of people, but he wants to be friendly. He will allow petting, but doesn't yet seek it out. With proper TLC, Buddy will make someone a very nice, loving companion. In the few days he has been with us here, he has already improved by leaps in bounds as far as trust goes. I think with a little more of the same, he will soon be begging for pets and cuddles.

Buddy is a mixed breed, but if I had to make a guess I'd say some type of heeler/shepherd. He will likely mature at no more than 60lbs, so a nice medium-large sized dog.

He will be current on all vaccinations and neutered before he goes to his new home.

If you are interested in Buddy, please feel free to contact me here or shoot me an e-mail at umahwd@hotmail.com

Here are a few pictures. Hopefully better quality ones will be here soon lol

Libby
Addicted to PBF

Re: Buddy needs a couch to crash on. (New Mexico)

Postby pblove » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:23 pm

that is a pretty pup
good luck getting your much deserved forever home lil 'Buddy' :pray :pray
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby Adrianne » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:30 pm

Awww Buddy, good luck!
Adrianne
Regulator

Postby Libby » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:53 am

Keep your fingers crossed for Buddy :) He has two families who are very interested in adopting him, and they both seem very nice so far. We are working on setting up a meeting, and I'm praying one of them is the right family for him.

Buddy is doing really well now. He greets me almost like a normal pup now, with a waggy butt and happy face. He still submissive/nervously urinates when people first approach, but he doesn't immediately run and hide, which is an awesome, awesome improvement.

He's such a sweetheart, I know he is going to make a really good family pet. I introduced him to my nieces the other day,and he was nervous but allowed them to pet him for a minute before he hid.

I'm scheduling his neuter for next week, and he'll also get his second puppy booster. I'll try to get pictures of him, but my computer is being a twit about letting me upload pics so it may be a few days.
Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:15 pm

Good luck little Buddy!!
Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs