How to Make a Dog Vomit

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: How to Make a Dog Vomit

Postby ebbtide » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:08 am

Great post. I've used this method when I was in college and found some students that had over-indulged them self with alcohol. "Here, have a shot of this!" .. "what is it? Vodka?" "Yup, with sprite"...

Better than alcohol poisoning.. Those who remembered the event normally thanked me in the morning...
ebbtide
Newborn Bully

Postby BringBackup » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:27 am

My dog ate my brand new entire pack of Five gum. I shoveled hydrogen peroxide down his throat because I checked the ingredients label and realized the gum didn't contain xylitol. He threw up of course, but afterward I felt it was more my act of revenge rather than life saving heroics. Teach that dog to steal my gum again...
BringBackup
Newborn Bully

Postby BringBackup » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:28 am

BringBackup wrote:My dog ate my brand new entire pack of Five gum. I shoveled hydrogen peroxide down his throat BEFORE I checked the ingredients label and realized the gum didn't contain xylitol. He threw up of course, but afterward I felt it was more my act of revenge rather than life saving heroics. Teach that dog to steal my gum again...

edit above.
BringBackup
Newborn Bully

Postby LVUFreddie » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:13 am

BringBackup wrote:My dog ate my brand new entire pack of Five gum. I shoveled hydrogen peroxide down his throat because I checked the ingredients label and realized the gum didn't contain xylitol. He threw up of course, but afterward I felt it was more my act of revenge rather than life saving heroics. Teach that dog to steal my gum again...

LOL
LVUFreddie
Newborn Bully

Postby highflyergirl19 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:02 pm

I just had to do this yesterday when Ajax ate a sponge. I still don't know how he got it but by the time I showed up he has eaten the entire thing. I called the vet and he said that it would be best to induce vomiting since the sponge could possible swell in his stomach. The vet mentioned hydrogen peroxide but I didn't have any in the house so he told me to use salt.

One teaspoon of salt and about a minute later he was puking up that sponge!
highflyergirl19
Adolescent Bully

Postby Jellin » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:01 pm

Take them outside to do this and wear some sort of eye protection. I work at a pitbull rescue in Houston and have had to do this a few times with dogs that like to eat rocks and such. I wear glasses so its not a problem, but this method works exceptionally fast. Trust me when I say its no fun to get peroxide in your eyes much less throw up mixed peroxide.
Jellin
BANNED

Postby ryleyhfx » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:17 am

recently bella got into some onions & I had a panic attack. we tried the hydrogen peroxide but it wasn't "active" (didn't realize till a few minutes had past) so I fed her a spoonful of salt & that did the trick very quickly. she puked everything up & didn't even seem upset with me about it.
ryleyhfx
Newborn Bully

Previous

Return to Health Issues