UpDown!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

UpDown!

Postby Amie » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:11 pm

This little fellow is my favorite dog at BARCS. He's about 14 months old, bouncy and affectionate and really stunningly handsome - a true black with embers for eyes. If only I could figure out why they named him UpDown!
Oh, right - Those EARS!

At this point, UpDown has not been tested with cats or other dogs. I've had him near other dogs casually and on walks, and there is a lot of excitement and interest, but no aggression - however, he's still young, so care would need to be taken there. Like most dogs who don't get enough exercise, he's pretty high energy, but I believe with some work he'll be quite a lovely lap dog - he's extremely gentle and affectionate, loves to snuggle and is very aware of his own teeth! Just watch how gently he takes yummy treats:

He's learning to sit in moments of excitement (since his default behavior last week was to hump :oops: ) and is doing VERY well with this - it's still not on cue, but in just three or four short sessions he's already making the choice to behave and keep all four feet on the floor rather than attempting to love you long time. He likes clicker training, which he just started, and is really going to be an amazing dog when he finds his forever home - could that be you?
Amie
Regulator

Re: UpDown!

Postby Bully_Love » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:20 pm

Up-Down! :)) Love this boy! That's great that he's doing well with the training, hope he finds an awesome home soon! :)
Bully_Love
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Bandits_Mom » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:31 pm

How cute!! I wish I could have them ALL!! My babes woke up when he heard good boy on the video roflmao he put his head up like are you talking to me again and what do you want I am sleeping...haha
Bandits_Mom
Adolescent Bully

Postby Amie » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:37 pm

A couple more pictures - I took these today at lunch. He could make a nice little sports dog for someone, but could also just be a family lap dog! He's under 35lb right now, and not likely to top it since he's nearly full grown. He and I played with this ball we found and he was interested in it, chased it well, but was able to give it up gently too. He was happy playing rough and tumble, and then equally happy to snuggle in my lap!

Of course, I let him take the ball inside his run, and when I came back just a few minutes later it was popped and in pieces! lol
Amie
Regulator

Postby littleCloClo » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:59 pm

ADORABLE!!!
littleCloClo
Bully Ambassador

Postby patty » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:09 pm

He is irresistable!!!! :inlove: Did Jeepin' come to see him?
patty
Forum Junky

Postby GuardianAMBULL » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:07 pm

Adorable!
GuardianAMBULL
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Amie » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:02 pm

Jeepin' did not, but someone did! UpDown went to his (hopefully) forever home last night! Everyone wish him luck - he's a great little dog!
Amie
Regulator

Postby Bandits_Mom » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:29 pm

Good!! :pray Thank God!! I really liked this little fellow!! Hurray!!
Bandits_Mom
Adolescent Bully

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs