**I need help**

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

**I need help**

Postby supergsx99 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:46 pm

Hello everyone,

We were hoping we could buy a piece of our time to introduce this handsome fellow. We found him in the streets and we jus couldn't leave him roaming by himself. We were hoping if there is anyone in the forum that wants to take him off our hands because we cant afford to big boys. Here is some pictures of him. Please respond bask if interested. We live in san digeo but are willing to drive to L.A. county or Orange County.

Thank you,

P.S.
If this is in the wrong section sorry.

supergsx99
Newborn Bully

Re: **I need help**

Postby BigBadPibbul » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:09 am

OMG he's cute!! I hope you can find a foster/forever home for him soon!
BigBadPibbul
Bully Ambassador

Postby ColbyDogs » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:12 am

I suggest you call your local ACO and allow them to handle it before you go ahead and give away someone elses dog. The owner of this pup very well could be looking for it, pets get out of the yard/ house all the time.

How would you feel if your dog got out, someone else finds your dog, then they in return give it away to someone else before contacting your local ACO ?

Call your local ACO.
ColbyDogs
Bully Ambassador

Postby supergsx99 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:45 am

We are currently going through those steps and we also just finish posting up flyers. If the owners comes we will be extrememly happy. :peace: But we are just hoping for the best. Thank you for your concern.
supergsx99
Newborn Bully

Postby Shanda » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:22 pm

Make sure you don't put any identifying info in your ads. I would just say "found puppy" with a general location and make the owners tell you what they are looking for. :thumbsup:

I go/recommend these routes:
I make a flyer for AC, for all the local shelters, fire departments (lots of people bring them strays, oddly enough), police departments, vet offices, and I post flyers in the area I found the animal. I also put ad in the paper (many papers will do lost/found for free) and on Craigslist (but I use an extraneous email so I don't get flooded with spam).

I put out ads for a pit bull I found in 2004 and I am not exaggerating when I say I must have gotten 50 phone calls. Some people really were missing their dogs, but I am sure a great many just wanted a free pit bull. Some of the calls were down right funny. I never found the dog's owner but I did get the little boy cleaned up, fed up, and vetted then got him a great home where he is still happily spoiled to this day.

If you don't find his family, I wish you luck finding a foster situation. :thumbsup:
Shanda
Addicted to PBF

Postby supergsx99 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:57 pm

Great news....

The owers called and described him prefectly. He went homw to mama and papa. Max was a little upset because he lost his brother. But hopefully we can see him around.

Thank you guys.
supergsx99
Newborn Bully

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs