URGENT!! Rescues in MD/DE?!?!?!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

URGENT!! Rescues in MD/DE?!?!?!

Postby jacqueline.lop » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:33 pm

My co-worker came to knock on my door today to ask me if I knew anybody that could take care of two pits. She said her son knows someone that had two female pits around 10 weeks old that were being abused. Apparently they relinquished them to him or they took the dogs from them. She said her son brought one home last night and the other is at his friend's house. She told me the one that he brought home was burn marks from cigarretes :po: However she already has two pitbulls (male and female) and her female doesnt get along with other dogs so she cannot keep her there. She came to ask me if I knew of any rescues around here? Or somebody that could help her because she didnt want to take the dog to the pound. And her son's friend can keep the other one, they just wanted them to be out of harms way but are now seeking help too.

So do any of you know of any rescues around the MD/DE line. I live in Elkton, MD and would be willing to transport to a rescue around my area (MD, DE, PA, NJ). Please, this is urgent. I would foster both if Cali wasn't DA. I feel so bad :sad:
jacqueline.lop
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: URGENT!! Rescues in MD/DE?!?!?!

Postby PitBull-Lady » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:35 pm

You could always try Bully Paws in VA. They have members all over.
PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby jacqueline.lop » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:00 pm

thank you, i'll search up their information right now! thanks again!
jacqueline.lop
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Amie » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:58 pm

Adopt-A-Homeless Animal Rescue
P.O. Box 65351
Baltimore, MD 21209
(410) 558-4554

Email: aaha_rescue@yahoo.com

Mid Atlantic Bully Buddies
Reisterstown, MD 21136
(443) 744-1047

Email:midatlanticbullybuddies@yahoo.com

Recycled Love
P.O. Box 6476
Baltimore, MD 21230>
(410) 630-3335

Email: messages@recycledlove.org

Tails of Hope
P.O. Box 875
Mt. Airy, MD 21771

Email: info@tails-of-hope.org
Amie
Regulator

Postby jacqueline.lop » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:14 pm

Thank you Amie!!! :) I found a place up here called CompAnimals and she told me she talked to them but is still waiting for call back. That they are pitbull friendly and savvy so keep ur fingers crossed. I'll still give her this info just in case. Thank you so much Amie!
jacqueline.lop
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Amie » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:16 pm

If you get a chance, send me a message with CompAnimals' contact info, if you could - I'd like to look into them and possibly add them to B-More Dog's resources!
Amie
Regulator

Postby Otis » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:19 am

I've never heard pf companimals, sounds kinda odd. I'd hope she finds someone where for them to go, but I'd be weary of a place no one has heard of!
Otis
Addicted to PBF

Postby BabyReba » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:10 pm

i've heard of them ... they're actually in pennsylvania, not maryland, and they used to specialize in senior dogs. i don't really have any information about their practices, though.

good luck ... hope someone's able to help!
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby Otis » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Ah, that would make sense, hope it all goes well!
Otis
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:53 pm

any updates on the puppies?
If a reputable recues will take them on I can probably foster at least one of them.
I live close to you, my dog is not DA wtih puppies or young dogs and have two fenced in yards (5 foot in height= it is 4 board oak board fencing with welded wire to keep them from getting out between the boards and to keep dogs separted when outside) I am down to one dog here and have been considering taking on a young foster.
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby Otis » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:43 pm

pblove wrote:any updates on the puppies?
If a reputable recues will take them on I can probably foster at least one of them.
I live close to you, my dog is not DA wtih puppies or young dogs and have two fenced in yards (5 foot in height= it is 4 board oak board fencing with welded wire to keep them from getting out between the boards and to keep dogs separted when outside) I am down to one dog here and have been considering taking on a young foster.

how young? :cool: (jk)
Otis
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:37 pm

Otis I am taking the ' 5-th' on your post - :tongue: (j/k)
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby jacqueline.lop » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:48 pm

i completely forgot to update you guys! good news.....BOTH PUPPIES FOUND HOMES! :nana:

i contacted CompAnimals but got an answering machine a few times. so i was going to try to e-mail them but then i got the a call from my co-worker. she said she was talking to her sister in law on the phone (whom recently lost a cat to respiratory problems) she said she wanted to meet the puppy. that her cat wasn't good with dogs but now that she passed she wanted a puppy to keep her and her husband company. so they met and it was love at first sight. so one puppy has a gynormous home out in the country now.... with two goat sisters and one alpaca (sp?) lol the second puppy went to another family member who has a Chesapeake Retriever or bay retriever and older kids. She said they do a lot of hiking and water stuff since they live right next to the bay and the elk neck state park.

oh and about companimals i've heard good things about them. a friend of ours adopted his pit mix from them and he had nothing but good things to say about them. god i wish i could bring Buster & Porkchop(from their adoption list) home but 2 is my limit. here's companimal's website and facebook page.

http://www.companimals.org/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Landenberg-PA/CompAnimals-Pet-Rescue/139797680241

oh and they're having an upcoming event...
jacqueline.lop
Bully Lover 4 Life

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs