New baby girl for adoption

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

New baby girl for adoption

Postby just a foster » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:17 pm

I am fostering Mandy below, if anyone knows of any interested parties (in Florida):

Mandy is a stray that was found on the streets in Land O Lakes. Vet states she is between 7-9 months old. She has severe Generalized Demodectic Mange which is being treated with her foster home. She has had 3 mitaban dips and is doing much better. She still gets nervous riding in the car but with time and lots of treats she will get better. She is doing well on crate training and housebreaking, walks well on a leash and is happy to go with anyone who pays attention to her. Mandy will do ANYTHING for a cookie. She has learned sit and will love to show you what she has learned. We have not tried her around other dogs or cats, but do not think there will be a problem at all, same with children.

Thanks all
just a foster

Postby Boo439 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:23 pm

Poor little girl... I hope someone takes her!
Boo439

Postby squirrel » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:14 am

good work so far.
squirrel

Postby violet » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:03 am

Poor little girl..good luck! :hi
violet
Addicted to PBF

Re: New baby girl for adoption

Postby mypitmika » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:15 am

just a foster wrote:Mandy will do ANYTHING for a cookie.

lol It must be the name...sounds an awful lot like me!

Glad to hear she's on her way to a better life. She's a very cute girl and I wish you the best of luck with her.
mypitmika
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby just a foster » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:30 am

Now that Mandy is in my care, I can add to her bio provided from the first foster:

Mandy is a little girl, but extremely built and thick. Her hair is finally growing back, and she is now up to 45lbs. She is real good with other dogs, and perfect with children, although she likes to kiss and jump on them. She did perfectly in my car, no accidents like with the other foster. She had another Mitaban dip yesterday, and the vet said maybe another 2 and she will be good to go. She did not need another scraping. She is HW- and has had all her vaccinations. We are not sure on her spay status, but if she is not, she should show up in heat before she is even ready for adoption in another couple months since the vet estimates her at maybe 10 months old. Then of course she will be spayed as soon as possible. She would be an ideal candidate for agility or weight pull or the such, as she is very eager to please, and has a nice physique. I will try to post better pictures, as the ones provided do her no justice at all.

Again, if anyone knows of any interested parties, please PM me, she will be ready in a couple months or so.

Thanks all.
just a foster

Return to Introductions