Terrier needs a home!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Terrier needs a home!

Postby Misskiwi67 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:52 pm

Hey all,

Meet Buck, a super-happy bouncy loves everybody terrier. Do rat terriers get to be 20 lbs? Anyway, he's medium size and cute as can be. He's eager to please, and knows basic commands, and vibrates the whole time he's sitting still. He needs some leash manners and must be walked on a harness. Likely not good for a home with kids as I've never seen him going less than a mile a minute. He's OK with our cats, but would likely chase if they ran. I'd say he needs to be a flyball dog, but as of now he has no ball drive, he's all people people people go go go.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Re: Terrier needs a home!

Postby FransterDoo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:01 pm

CUTE!!!

Contact Skidmarkz! They are in Iowa City and they love rescue dogs.

http://skidmarkz.org/

I know a former Skidz member that I can contact through facebook if you need a better contact.

(and remember flyball is not all about ball drive - so don't worry if he's not a ball fiend)
FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Postby FransterDoo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:06 pm

Oops!

ETA:

I also know the regional director for the Iowa area so if you can't get ahold of someone from Skidz, you can shoot me an email and I'll forward it along to the RD.
FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:20 pm

If they'd be willing to add him to their lists, any additional exposure would be great. He goes home regularly with several of the techs so I don't think we'd need foster or anything. He still has demodex and will need another month or two of treatment, but he's responding so well and his secondary infections are contolled so he's ready for a good home.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby littleCloClo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:47 pm

Oh my goodness - what a cutie!
littleCloClo
Bully Ambassador

Postby FransterDoo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:17 pm

Misskiwi67 wrote:If they'd be willing to add him to their lists, any additional exposure would be great. He goes home regularly with several of the techs so I don't think we'd need foster or anything. He still has demodex and will need another month or two of treatment, but he's responding so well and his secondary infections are contolled so he's ready for a good home.

IDK - you'd have to contact the team (info@skidmarkz.org) and see how they handle rescue situations. They may also know someone that's looking especially since this type of stuff tends to travel via word of mouth.

Little dogs are awesome because they set the jump heights lower so folks that like the small terriers might always be "kinda looking" if the right dog comes along. I'd suggest you shoot them an email with a description and a photo and ask if they can pass it around.

I'll PM you my email and you can send it to me too so I can forward it to the Regional Director.

Just to let you know though, that most likely someone will want to have some time to test him and see if he likes flyball and has an aptitude for it. There's also a tournament Sept 11/12 in Amana so if you can get ahold of someone from the team they can announce it at Captain's Meeting and Awards each day.
FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:45 pm

We're up for taking him anywhere to get him a good home... I just thought about flyball when he came to say hi to me yesterday, was called by another doctor (working on recall during slow times), and he did a flyball swimmers turn off my legs... he's got lots of energy and I'm not sure how much is the kennel environment, but he seems drivey enough and has the ability to focus too. Since I'm not a flyball person I'm not sure exactly what his aptitude would be, but anything that gets him exposure is a good thing!
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Adrianne » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:55 pm

Good luck! Rats do come in 20+ lb sizes btw. :)
Adrianne
Regulator

Postby FransterDoo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:25 pm

Misskiwi67 wrote:We're up for taking him anywhere to get him a good home... I just thought about flyball when he came to say hi to me yesterday, was called by another doctor (working on recall during slow times), and he did a flyball swimmers turn off my legs... he's got lots of energy and I'm not sure how much is the kennel environment, but he seems drivey enough and has the ability to focus too. Since I'm not a flyball person I'm not sure exactly what his aptitude would be, but anything that gets him exposure is a good thing!

that sounds awesome! I hada jrt for a weekend that was flyball turning off our our fence in like 20 minutes (too bad he was seriously spicy with other dogs).

I put out some feelers and will keep fingers crossed for him.
FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:51 pm

The string pulling worked! Someone is coming to evaluate him tomorrow!!!

Its not a home, but I hope hope hope its a step in the right direction!!
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby FransterDoo » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:55 pm

Awesome!!!

Doing an evaluation if typically so don't sweat it. I just hope his shows them what they like to see!
FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:03 pm

Buck was wonderfully well behaved and responsive... but is apparently too "short-backed" for flyball...
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby FransterDoo » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:17 pm

:(
FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:02 pm

Another strike against Buck... he went home with a friend of one of the workers for the weekend, and managed to eat 2 pairs of shoes, drive everyone crazy, and slip his collar and nearly get run over by a car...

Awesome... what did we get ourselves into????
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Adrianne » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:09 pm

:( I'm so sorry
Adrianne
Regulator

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs