Shelter Bullies - IN

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Shelter Bullies - IN

Postby Zagari » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:54 am

As with all shelters, the tiny one in Putnam County, IN is overrun with pit bull type dogs. There are only a few staff members so rumors spread quickly. Talk is there are certain dogs that are going to get euthanized if they aren't adopted soon. We are a no-kill shelter and I like to think that we are pit bull friendly. Pit bulls happen to be the favorite breed of two of the staff members so it is a big deal when a new dog comes in. We take pride in our dogs so we don't want anything bad to happen to them. If you see a photo of an animal that you're interested in, please don't hesitate to give the shelter a call. Thank you! 765-653-5739
~Amber

Hazel
Intake date: 3-16-10
Type: A/C

Hazel needs A LOT of training. She's a sweet dog with no manners at all. Staff have tried to work with her but haven't gotten far. A "trainer" was brought out but that didn't last long. She loves to chase tennis balls but doesn't get them or bring them back. She just likes to chase them. She has kind of a border collie-ish face. I'm not sure. Cute, big girl. She came in and we thought she was preggo. She was spayed ASAP but wasn't pregnant at all. I'd like to see this girl go to someone that will give her a job.

Bruiser
Intake date: 4-3-10
Type: Surrender

Bruiser is a very hyper dog. All he wants to do is run and play. Bruiser is a medium sized dog and probably won't grow anymore. Bruiser has a funny bark? more like a yodel. He loves any kind of attention and really is a big baby. Sometimes, he doesn't get along with other dogs right away. He did make some doggie friends though. He is neutered and was when he came in. He was obviously someone's dog. We think he might be mixed with Shar pei or something similar. He has bowed legs like bulldog and has a funky gait.

Babygirl
Intake date: 5-14-10

Babygirl came in because animal control was told that she killed a small dog. I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT ONE BIT. Babygirl really lives up to her name. She's a big baby and LOVES other dogs. She's mostly calm but in the mornings and before bedtime, she gets a hyper streak. She just spins in circles! She is such a lover. Babygirl is a very sweet girl and loves kids and who ever will give her attention. She likes to walk with you and you cannot get to far out of her sight before she is looking for you. Babygirl is waiting for the right person to come and make her part of a family where she will be loved and cared for. Babygirl has the cutest ears that point straight up, like a bunny rabbit. She gets along with other dogs and loves to play with her best friends at the shelter. These aren't the best pictures of her. She's very submissive... as you can tell. He ears are down in every one of them. Babygirl ALWAYS have a smile on her face.

Tank
Intake Date: 8-17-10

Tank is a sweet boy! No where near a "tank." He's tiny! Probably only 40 pounds. He's solid muscle. He has the cutest but muscles! Tank was brought in as a stray. We scanned him for a microchip and he had one. He was registered to a man who lives over 3 hours away. We gave him a call and left a message and we also gave the emergency contact a call and her number was disconnected. They obviously didn't want their dog back. The chip said Tank's real name is Thunder. I think it's more fitting but who am I to say that? Tank is a lovely seal color. He looks black sometimes but most of the time he's dark brown. It's an interesting color that I've not seen before, not even for a seal. He is fantastic with other dogs. He does play really rough though. He's in a play group with Babygirl, a puggle, and a Labrador. He doesn't pull on the lease at all. He'd make a great couch potato for someone or a running partner.

Tiger
Intake Date: 9-9-10

Tiger is a lovely pit bull mix with an underbite. He's white with orange brindle that really does make him look like a Tiger. Animal control brought him in on what this one officer said was a bite hold. I don't know how much we can believe him because this is the same officer that has shot two pit bulls for "going after him." It was later found out that he provoked them. As far as I'm concerned, until this this acts aggressively towards someone, he's not an aggressive dog. He's a sweet boy. Just a big puppy... probably about 9-10 months old. He's really tall so I wonder what he could be mixed with.
Last edited by Zagari on Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Re: They need out soon - IN

Postby Zagari » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:17 pm

This sounds terrible... and it is. The freezer is being emptied tomorrow morning. That means new euthanasias can occur.

Please help these dogs!! Mickey is just a puppy and he's second on the list!
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Postby Zagari » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:25 am

Bump
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Postby Zagari » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:08 pm

Mickey was adopted!!!!
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Re: Shelter Bullies - IN

Postby sandi_s123 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:06 pm

So glad to hear Mickey got adopted!! :peace: Baby girl is a cutie, heck they all are!! :inlove:
sandi_s123
Newborn Bully

Postby TahsSunny » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:02 am

Hazel and Riley are my favorites in the lot. Aw, I really hope Hazel gets a home!.

Any updates?.
TahsSunny
Addicted to PBF

Postby Zagari » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:28 am

Brody (info not posted) and Riley were adopted on Saturday! We had a huge adoption event out of county with super low adoption fees. I guess that helped pursuade people. Lol
I'm so excited for Riley. Her new mom is such a great lady. I can't wait for her to go home tomorrow.

That said, we had 10 adoptions on Saturday and 2 on Sunday at the out of county event. Yayayayayayay! They are all going home tomorrow. I can't wait!
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Postby April » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:45 am

Awesome news, I really love it when dogs get adopted :D
If only I had more space :(
April
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs