Reputable Arkansas Rescues/Adoptions? Parents interested!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Reputable Arkansas Rescues/Adoptions? Parents interested!

Postby jrowephoto » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:19 am

First off, I'm so pumped. My parents have always been somewhat scared of pit bulls, but since I got Lucy they have turned a complete 180. We used to watch shows and if a Pitbull would come on, they would be like "that dog looks mean, who would ever want one of those" and now when I'm watching Dwhisperer or something w/ a Pitty on it, they'll beat me to saying "awwwwww". I'm a happy father :)

Anyway, they're looking at the possibility of getting an inside dog and dad made the comment of "why don't we rescue us a pit bull?". I think he was halfway joking, but I want to throw some options at him from a reputable rescue that has one housetrained/etc already.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated. My parents are great dog lovers, and I know they would be able to give them the time/attention/exercize it would need. They're retired, and would always have someone to board him/her when they travel (which isn't much).

Thanks!
jrowephoto
Super Bully

Re: Reputable Arkansas Rescues/Adoptions? Parents interested!

Postby tarnation » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:05 am

That's great that your parents are pitbull converts. I don't know if this is too far away for you, but I have heard good things about Missouri Pit Bull Rescue: http://mprgroup.net/ Might be worth the drive. Hopefully other people will chime in with Arkansas rescues.
tarnation
Newborn Bully

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs