Are Pitbull mixes welcome? Will i get the same love here? :)

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Are Pitbull mixes welcome? Will i get the same love here? :)

Postby Shindo97 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:26 am

Well i just posted recently about a new pup Busa that i acquired. The breeder now has the Dog back from me.

I was given a week to make a final decision on things, and decided i want to adopt a pitbull instead of paying TOP Dollar for a Show dog. (over $1500) Busa was never going to be shown the way his bloodline has been bred to do for the last 10 years.

I had read so much about Pits that needed to be adopted and i knew what i had to do.

SO i decided to call up the Humaine Society here in austin and was sad to know that pits are common there, but many people skip over them. Well i want to rescue one, so i went there last night to look at the 4 pups they had. All mixes and brothers.

The mother was a full bred APBT but noone knows what the father was. I think it might of been a German Shep...but cant tell. Regardless they are gorgeous looking halfbreeds.

There is one in particular i am going back to look at again today. He is a bright orange/red like the color of this forum with a slight white mask.

He has the ears and most of the skull of a APBT...he is a little smaller and paws arent as big. He has good muscle but not as stout as a full bred.

GREEN eyes....crazy...

So will i get the same love from everyone as i did before if i rescue a Halfie???

heres a pic
Shindo97

Postby Boo439 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:38 am

OMG Are you serious??? If you are, I think you are quickly going to become the most popular member of the board. What a wonderful thing to do!!! I am seriously speechless here because I think this is the first time a member of the board has bought a puppy, and then learned about the plight of the breed, and made the wonderful decision to adopt instead. I think you are an amazing person, and I thank you on behalf of the puppy you are going to save, and the breed as a whole. :bowdown:
Boo439

Postby mypitmika » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:46 am

:goodpost:

I'm with Boo all the way! That's an amazingly wonderful thing for you to do. I remember your post about Busa. That puppy you're considering adopting is absolutely adorable! I'm a "mom" of a mix too...and I've gotten nothing by love here. :thumbsup:

Keep us posted on the adoption!! :doggie:
mypitmika
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Shindo97 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:53 am

YESS!!!!!!!!!!! because i was actually got stressed about posting this.... lol

Yeah as much as i fell in love with Busa he taught me a few thigns...many things...

The breeder loved him alot and was MORE THAN HAPPY to have him back in his home. I talked to him and explained why and he was overjoyed.

I have done so much research in the last 3 months about Pitbulls...I just thought i could do a small part to help one...they are like little orphans.

This pup is in for a suprise...a nice new 2500sqrfoot home with nice back yard, and park 2 minutes away. I am the spoiling type too so which ever one i pick hit the lotto...hahahah so to speak...

I will keep everyone posted until i choose " The one "
Shindo97

Postby Boo439 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:07 am

I can't wait to see who you pick. I mean, I'm generally not an emotional person, but this is bringing tears to my eyes. This board is doing what it is meant to. Educate people. You've made the right choice and it's so sad that more people don't follow in your footsteps. Don't ever be afraid of the decisions you make. Even the few people who who have made some decisions that are wrong in our eyes get love from some people on this board. lol Not the majority, but you know what I mean. There's no way that doing something so positive would bring you any negative feedback from us. :thumbsup:
Boo439

Postby nessa » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:55 am

Hell hell yeah you're gonna get the same love!
Hoover isn't even part pit, and he gets plenty-o-love from the board.
We love dogs, folks who rescue dogs, etc.
Welconme aboard!
nessa
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby nessa » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:57 am

Look at that face, those eyes! Save da puppy!!!!
nessa
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Noriko525 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:16 am

I must say that you are a truly wonderful person and I too got a little emotional reading what you wrote. Thank you for saving a life!!!
Noriko525
Bully Ambassador

Postby blover27 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:24 am

Boo439 wrote:I can't wait to see who you pick. I mean, I'm generally not an emotional person, but this is bringing tears to my eyes. This board is doing what it is meant to. Educate people. You've made the right choice and it's so sad that more people don't follow in your footsteps. Don't ever be afraid of the decisions you make. Even the few people who who have made some decisions that are wrong in our eyes get love from some people on this board. lol Not the majority, but you know what I mean. There's no way that doing something so positive would bring you any negative feedback from us. :thumbsup:

i'm with boo (but i aint crying :oops: lol ) welcome!!! :welcome:
blover27

Postby rosiegirl » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:45 am

thats awesome! :doggie: :band: :dance:
welcome to PBF, glad to have you here! :thumbsup:
rosiegirl

Postby Shindo97 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:11 pm

hhahahahah thanks for the Band Rosie.

Its kinda like XMAS for me...who knows what will show up at the Shelter for me to save...

i am going to visit every friday until i pick the right one..that is if i dont the litte booger i posted pics of.
Shindo97

Postby who00knows » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:15 pm

GOOD CHOICE! Be sure to post tons of pics! That dog is adorable!
who00knows
Matured Bully

Location: Not at your local off leash dog park during peak hours

Postby lucydog » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:16 pm

What an adorable pup! He looks a lot like my Lucy.
Not that it really matters, but it's possible that he has a different Daddy from the rest of the litter, and is all APBT. It's hard to tell with some puppies because they don't completely fill out or grow into their ears and skin til they are about 2.

Anyway, it's commendable that you are saving a life. I am sure the people at the shelter are jumping for joy! Keep us updated!
lucydog
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Maryellen » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:45 pm

WOW, welcome and THANK YOU for deciding to adopt and save a pitties life, whether mixed or pure. alot of us here have mixed pits. mine included.
Maryellen

Postby Fiveofeen » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:51 pm

your a good person. I think it shows a lot about someone when they adopt. You will be blessed with good karma, i am thinking happy thaughts for you right now!

Also that pooch looks great. I am 110% sure you guys will be the BEST of pals for a long long time.

Good job, folks like you dont come around to often dont change for anything.
Fiveofeen

Next

Return to Introductions