Help Needed getting puppies from CA to MN

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Help Needed getting puppies from CA to MN

Postby laiinkyree » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:59 pm

So I was looking at my facebook the other day. I have the rescue group I got my dogs from on there, and they often get tagged on "urgent" animals in shelters across the US. That day I came across the pictures of 3, 12 week old puppies.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 0662675209

They were about to be put down at any time. I contacted the person who's photo album they were in, and after a few back and forths, I told them that if they could get the pups to MN I would find a rescue and foster them.

Called the shelter, and they need someone to go there in person to do anything with them. Which means I need someone in Downey, CA to get them out. Then figure out how to get them to me in MN. I'm awaiting a call from someone that the shelter referred me to, and an email back from a couple local rescues.

I'm flying kind of blind, and this is the first time I've attempted something like this. It's kind of overwhelming. Is there anyone here that can give me advice/tell me how to go about this? Anyone that can help? :sad:
laiinkyree
Matured Bully

Re: Help Needed getting puppies from CA to MN

Postby Otis » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:21 pm

Oh my god, those bellies-brought instant tears to my eyes :crybaby: Wish I was on their transport route :sad:
Otis
Addicted to PBF

Postby laiinkyree » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:35 pm

I know :sad:

I hate this! There's nothing I can do until someone calls me back. And I don't even know if the person who is in the area, that I called, will even get my message! Someone else answered the phone and seemed quite reluctant to hear what I was calling about. Everything so far has led to some sort of dead end and I'm getting quite frustrated. I don't want these little ones to die... :crybaby:
laiinkyree
Matured Bully

Postby trip8581 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:58 pm

You can try Leash Animal Rescue - Kelly might be able to pull them from the shelter for you. I am not sure how you will get them to MN though. I live in LA, but I have no where to keep the pups otherwise I would help!

~LEASH Animal Rescue~
leashanimalrescue@yahoo.com
www.leashanimalrescue.org
trip8581
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Misskiwi67 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:05 pm

I could probably haul them North to Minneapolis (I have a good friend there) if the timing was right... gotta get them to me first though...
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby laiinkyree » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:09 am

Good news. I got in contact with someone who actually knows what she's doing, knows what to do, and knows people to do it! She said that she's found a puller, and a place to board them until they can be transported. She is still stuck on the transport thing, but has leads. She even got a chip-in to help with costs going and just overnight raised $55 :) It looks like I may be getting them after all! :))
laiinkyree
Matured Bully

Postby laiinkyree » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:25 pm

I'm sorry if this is a no-no, but is it against forum rules to ask for help with raising money for the puppies to get here? I read, and couldn't find anything on it. I'm sure there is something that is very obvious that I'm missing... :oops: but I can't see it.
laiinkyree
Matured Bully

Postby gmodz21 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:35 am

I am located in Northern MN and would be interested in helping out or taking one of these puppies... PM me for for further details or anything like that. Feel free to also call or text message me 218.750.3688

Look forward to hearing from you!
gmodz21
Newborn Bully

Postby laiinkyree » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:10 pm

EVERYONE PRAY! - I may have found a home for that pit bull puppy I have been trying to get to MN. I am watching two kitties for someone who had to move to Las Vegas. She loves pit bulls and would love to adopt him. She has to check the rules in her condo though - so Pray that they have no rules against breeds!!
laiinkyree
Matured Bully

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:27 pm

not trying to be a kill joy but you are speutering these puppies first right?
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby laiinkyree » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:35 pm

Yes - the AC that they were in has a mandatory spay/neuter before they leave rule.

2 of the puppies actually got adopted before we pulled them. The third's potential adopters never showed up. He's sitting in foster healing from kennel cough at the moment.
laiinkyree
Matured Bully

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs