URGENT! Need help with a transport...Please HELP! (N. CA-WA)

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

URGENT! Need help with a transport...Please HELP! (N. CA-WA)

Postby Red Chrome » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:39 am

Hi guys,

I know that I hardly ever post in here BUT I need your help.

I don't normally ask for help but I REALLY, REALLY need it to get a dog from Northern California to Eastern Washington ASAP. The dog is a 30ish lb. Miniature Bull Terrier that rides well in the car and is fairly well behaved, a crate can be provided if that makes it easier and safer for others. The dog is going to be FOSTERED by a friend of mine in my Schutzhund club. The dog was in danger of being put to sleep for killing a kitten and having too much energy, I found a place for her to go but now need some help with a transport.

Her foster home and I can not afford a flight for her. We could get some money together but it is not enough for a flight for her. I did not feel right asking for donations and felt that maybe we could pull a transport together here since we have a lot of oregon and washington members.

PLEASE if anyone can help, it would be GREATLY appreciated. She needs out of where she is now ASAP. They are keeping her till I can figure out transport and they are willing to do the 1st leg of it. She has a FOSTER HOME now but we need to get her to it.

Here is the route that I mapped out.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

I could meet someone from Portland in The Dalles. She is in Lake county, CA now, where she is staying can get her to Redding.

PLEASE let me know if you can help. I know that we have quite a few oregon members here. PLEASE. I really don't do the whole rescue thing so I'm not sure if I'm going about this the right way.

Thank you,
Courtney
Red Chrome

Re: URGENT! Need help with a transport...Please HELP! (N. CA

Postby ProudMommy77 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:50 pm

using Delta Dash it's only...260.00 that is tax included...you should start a chip in for the flight!
ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Postby Red Chrome » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:52 am

I'll have to check into that. I'm working out every way we can make this happen in my head but where she is at is NOT going to keep her much longer, it just sucks.
Red Chrome

Postby MissKitty » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:10 pm

Try contacting rescue groups. They have a vast network and can get transports put together pretty fast.
MissKitty
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Red Chrome » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:30 pm

I have contacted ALL sorts of rescue groups and ground transport systems and flights etc. etc.

I think I have a transport figured out now. Thanks to those that offered some advice and suggesstions! I appreciated them!
Red Chrome

Postby MissKitty » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:22 pm

:nana: I am so glad to hear that!
Let me know if you need anymore help, the rescue that I foster for has taken quite a few dogs from Cali and gotten them up to WA but I think they flew quite a few of them.

And post pictures once she is safe! It is great to hear that he will be in a place where she will be taught to control and use her drive.
MissKitty
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby MikeInTacoma » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:46 pm

Red Chrome wrote:I have contacted ALL sorts of rescue groups and ground transport systems and flights etc. etc.

I think I have a transport figured out now. Thanks to those that offered some advice and suggesstions! I appreciated them!

If you still need help, my GF and I will be in Portland OR Sunday afternoon. We can pick up Sunday evening from as far south as Salem, and transport to The Dalles, or even Kennewick. It's a bit out of our way, but... :dunno: we're suckers for dogs in need.
MikeInTacoma
Regulator

Postby Red Chrome » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:03 pm

Mike- Thank you so much for that offer. I have bought the dog some time from where she is at and we are going an alternate route as I have a contact in Bend that can get her to the Dalles where I will pick her up. Another member from another forum is going to pick her up in Williams, CA and transport her to Bend,OR. We are transporting her weekend after next.

It amazes me how people willl step up to help a dog out that they don't even know. Dog people are awesome!!

Thank you all so much for the offers and suggesstions. They were mucho appreciated!
Red Chrome

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs