Lilly in NC

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Lilly in NC

Postby DanePitChi » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Lilly is a 4-5 month old pit (mix?) and was found on the side of the road. She was bloated but starving, and was covered with fleas. After a 3 day stay at our shelter she came home with me as a foster. She is a very sweet and confident little girl despite her difficult beginning and LOVES to snuggle. She currently lives with a Chihuahua, a Great Dane (her best buddy), and two kitties. She likes to chase the kitties when she gets a chance and is showing signs of a pretty high prey drive, so I'd recommend that she go to a home with no cats or other small animals. She is crate trained and we are working on housebreaking, though she hasn't had an accident in more than a week. She's also a very smart little girl and learned "sit" after only a few minutes.

I live in NW North Carolina (almost directly between Boone and Winston Salem; I-77 runs directly through my town) and I'd be willing to travel a couple of hours in any direction to get her to the perfect home. Her adoption fee is $110 and includes all her puppy shots including rabies and her spay.

Anyone interested in adopting Lilly can view her Petfinder page here:
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/17750276
DanePitChi
Newborn Bully

Re: Lilly in NC

Postby julie64 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:33 am

She is beautiful. :inlove: I hope she finds her forever home soon.
julie64
Addicted to PBF

Postby DanePitChi » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:50 pm

She's definitely going to make someone an awesome companion. Hubby and I have been talking about keeping her ourselves if we don't find a suitable home for her by the first of the year, but if the right situation comes along I guess I'll have to give her up. This is my first foster, so we'll see if I have the salt to be able to let her go...I'm trying not to get too attached, but that's a difficult task for a pup that's so loving.
DanePitChi
Newborn Bully

Postby resthavenfarms » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:38 am

OMG, she could be Ruger's sister! and could be, I think he came from Winston-Salem though I have no way of knowing for sure~ I can't have any more dogs though. Can. Not.
resthavenfarms
Matured Bully

Postby DanePitChi » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:32 pm

Just thought I'd add some updated pictures of Lilly-pop. She's growing into quite the little character. She's the biggest couch potato I've ever seen in a puppy her age. She's doing great with potty training and LOVES her crate. Tyson (the Dane) gets aggravated because she steals all the toys and stashes them in there...of course he's too big to get them out, lol.

DanePitChi
Newborn Bully

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs