Starved/abused bully boy needs an angel - SF Bay Area

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Starved/abused bully boy needs an angel - SF Bay Area

Postby DogNerd » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:31 pm

Meet Po Boy. This beautiful soul was picked up as a stray last week and is currently at the San Francisco shelter. At first we thought he was a senior because he looked so bad but now we are thinking he is more of a middle-aged guy. He is incredibly gentle and sweet. He passed his temperament tests at the shelter but failed medical. We are desperately trying to find him a safe spot to land and mend. Look at his eyes!

He has some scars on his legs and all over his face and it looks at though his lip was ripped at some point and then healed on its own. The scars don't appear to be really old and it does not look like a case of multiple incidents but rather one or two really bad ones. I can't tell you how gentle and sweet he is. He gives kisses, knows how to sit for treats. He will be a beautiful bully-style guy once he heals up and puts on weight. At this point he is non-reactive with lots of other dogs but he's in the shelter, and in bad shape - anemic and tired. He may well change once he is out and feeling better.

If anyone has any leads on a possible bully savvy foster home, or even another rescue group to take him, please let me know! Our group (gratefuldogsrescue.org) will happily take him and cover all his medical expenses etc.. but we simply have no where to put him.

His eyes will always haunt me if we can't get him out. Help!
DogNerd
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Starved/abused bully boy needs an angel - SF Bay Area

Postby Libby » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:57 pm

Oh, my gosh :crybaby:

I love him. I wish I was closer, I would foster him in a hot second. I hope something can be figured out for the poor guy :(
Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby nsbullylover » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:28 am

Those eyes :crybaby:

I really hope someone can help him. :pray
nsbullylover
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby pacopoe » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:52 am

Just sent you an e-mail
pacopoe
Bully Ambassador

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:58 am

Awww! He is precious! :inlove: Poor old guy.

I really hope someone helps him too.
Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:29 pm

good thoughts for po boy.... such a sweet face...
Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby WGPKlaus » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:36 am

Keeping that handsome boy in my prayers, I'm sure he'll touch someones heart and be able to spend his remaining years, relaxing, and being comfortable and safe.
WGPKlaus
Super Bully

Postby DogNerd » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:58 am

Thanks to PBF, Po Boy made it into a wonderful foster home. He spent his first week with me at my house and I dropped him off to his new foster home on friday. He still has some healing and gaining weight to do but he is really such a sweet special charming and funny guy. He was severely anemic and only 40 lbs when he first showed up at the shelter but at last week's vet visit he was up to 55 lbs. His anemia is still there, but has improved significant'y and because he has no blood parasites or any other apparent illnesses, the vets feel that it was related to the blood loss from all his injuries and should continue to improve as he gets healthier.

Thanks for all the thoughts. When he comes back to me in a month for a re-check and neuter, I will be sure to have my friend do another photo session to show how great he is looking!
DogNerd
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Adrianne » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:03 am

:headbang: He's gorgeous :inlove:
Adrianne
Regulator

Postby Nickdawg » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:50 pm

:) :) :) :) :) :)
Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:14 pm

DogNerd wrote:Thanks to PBF, Po Boy made it into a wonderful foster home. He spent his first week with me at my house and I dropped him off to his new foster home on friday. He still has some healing and gaining weight to do but he is really such a sweet special charming and funny guy. He was severely anemic and only 40 lbs when he first showed up at the shelter but at last week's vet visit he was up to 55 lbs. His anemia is still there, but has improved significant'y and because he has no blood parasites or any other apparent illnesses, the vets feel that it was related to the blood loss from all his injuries and should continue to improve as he gets healthier.

Thanks for all the thoughts. When he comes back to me in a month for a re-check and neuter, I will be sure to have my friend do another photo session to show how great he is looking!

Tears of JOY and a big smile!! I so did NOT want to read this thread at all.

:bowdown: to you all!!

Good Luck Po Boy on finding a furever home worthy of you!!
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby stefaniej » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:50 pm

OMG! I would love to have him in my bed as a snuggle bug! I am soo very glad that he has a foster home now! Congrats! He is too sweet looking.
stefaniej
Adolescent Bully

Postby Libby » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:18 pm

I am SO happy to read such a good update! I've been coming back and looking at his pictures a lot, and I was afraid to ask for an update.
Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:24 pm

how is this sweet boy doing now?
Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby DogNerd » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:09 pm

how is this sweet boy doing now?

He is doing well, thanks for asking! I can let his foster mom chime in too if she is checking in. He is recovering from kennel cough and up to a little over 59 lbs. He has a wound that is taking a really long time to fully heal but the vet that he saw yesterday wants to just watch it and keep him on the antibiotics he is on currently. Foster mom is a human nurse so she is taking really good care of his health and keeping a close watch (and warm compresses) on his wound.

He is a total mushy love-bug and we are thinking he has therapy dog potential. I hope to see some new pics of him soon but I imagine he is looking worlds better.

Thanks for checking in!
DogNerd
Bully Lover 4 Life

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs