9-1-1 ... Need a Foster or Permanent Home FAST!!!!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

9-1-1 ... Need a Foster or Permanent Home FAST!!!!

Postby mozplay » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:26 pm

Ok folks. I've been trying to find a new home for this dog for over a year now and every time I get a lead, the owner changes her mind. Now, if I don't find a place for this dog soon ... and I mean in the next few days ... this dog will be given to the pound or left out on the streets. The dog's name is True and she is not in a good situation. True spends most of her days crated alone, or tied up outside in all sorts of weather. I don't think this dog has ever been to a vet and her growth has been stunted.

As you can see, she looks to be part Pit Bull and Pits in Baltimore don't fare well with the wrong owners. I'm trying to avoid that. I don't know what else she is mixed with but is also VERY small (compare her to the child in the photo) as a direct result of malnutrition.

At this point, I'm looking for someone who can simply keep True until I find a permanent home for her. A permanent home right off the bat would be great - but a good foster situation would be good too.

True has a 'pleaser' type personality, has never had any formal training, but does respond well to consistent commands, needs A LOT of love and is very loving. I have not ever seen her around other animals, so I don't know what she'd be like with them. She is house trained. She is not yet two, so still very trainable. The owner will give me a crate so that if you need to wean her into your home, then you will have a way to do it.

Not looking for:
Breeders
Someone who will keep her tied up or caged all day (enough of that in her life so far)
Anyone wanting to train her to be aggressive

I will be screening perspective foster and permanent 'parents'.

If you are anywhere in the Baltimore area, please please please consider keeping True for a little while, or asking everyone you know if they know of someone who could love this little dog for a while.

I can help transport her to you if you are in a state surrounding MD and anyone looking to adopt True, MUST be willing to agree to pay for spaying fees. You can email me directly at moniquem@hotmail.com.

If I can figure out how to post photos, I will.. otherwise, email me and I will send them to you.

Thanks,
Monique
mozplay
Newborn Bully

Re: 9-1-1 ... Need a Foster or Permanent Home FAST!!!!

Postby BabyReba » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:03 pm

wow, monique, she's cute. i don't live in maryland anymore, so i can't be of much/any assistance, but i'd suggest maybe trying to contact recycled love rescue ... one of the former presidents of the organization has founded or is founding a new pit bull rescue in the city. also, adopt a homeless animal in baltimore might be able to help by crossposting her around on rescue sites. good luck!
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:58 pm

Please make sure she's spayed before going to a new home.
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby mozplay » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:48 pm

Thanks for the tips and yes, I will make sure she is spayed - for sure.

Mo
mozplay
Newborn Bully

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs