Hi there! New pit owner.

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hi there! New pit owner.

Postby Katy » Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:31 pm

Hey everyone! I'm surprised it took me this long to find this forum! I've been looking for a pit bull message board for awhile, but I just browsed in.

One week ago (last Saturday) we brought home a little pittie girl, who we adopted from our local SPCA. She's absalutely darling.

I would tell you her name, but it's still up in the air. My sisters, mother and myself have all agreed that we like Maddix (Mattie for short), or Brooklyn--but Dad's stuck on Rosie. We just can't picture her fully grown as rosie. For now, she's just puppy, which actually suits her very well.

I've already started her on a little bit of clicker training and she's catching on fast. She's already learned sit, and is pretty good with 'come' (ONLY if I have a clicker and some treats though), is okay with stay--but I can only back up about eight inches. She thinks that the command 'down' was created by the devil himself. We're workin' on that.

She's such a sweetheart, and we couldn't ask for a better puppy. She shows no signs of dominance, is GREAT with our other pets (dogs, cats, parrots--also good with strange animals she meets), only goes potty inside if we miss her signs, and is overall pretty easygoing.

In addition to this girl, we have (in order of size) a dachshund/chihuahua mix (Minnie), English Toy Spaniel (Bogart), and a slightly oversized Doberman (Storm).

I have a few pictures of her (though not nearly enough) at http://photobucket.com/albums/v230/Katy_m216/

The ones at the top are the most recent, but once you hit the one of her looking smug (to the left of the picture of the shepard mix), those were taken at the shelter. The brindle pit-mix was another pup that I LOVED, but I didn't think he'd fit too well with us. I don't know if you can tell from the two groups of pictures (taken at the shelter, taken at home), but she's already grown in the week we've had her. I can't wait to see how big she is when she's all grown up!

Ack, sorry that's so long! I look forward to getting to know all of you (and your pups)!

Katy
Katy

Postby satanscheerleader » Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:44 pm

What a cutie!
satanscheerleader
Addicted to PBF

Postby violet » Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:54 pm

She is adorable..welcome to the group!
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby moochesmama » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:02 pm

Welcome!
moochesmama
Bully Ambassador

Postby starsamommiesgirl » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:49 pm

Greetings from another new pit owner also from shelter also female and as of today has the name Storm, just decided to change her to storm because of reason's explained in the training board, congrats on the new baby, How old is she by the way?
starsamommiesgirl

Postby Kaytlin » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:59 pm

What a cutie!! :inlove: :welcome:
Kaytlin

Postby pitbullforever » Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:11 pm

welcome and great job saveing your pup from a shelter. she's a cutie. :inlove:
pitbullforever
Forum Junky

Postby pocketpit » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:18 pm

Adorable girl! Can't wait to see more pictures of your family.
pocketpit

Postby saturn2 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:29 pm

:welcome: Your puppy is so precious! :inlove:

~Sharon
saturn2
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby BullyVW » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:35 pm

Wow...she's perfect.

There's actually a rule on here...if you can't name your pup within a month, she has to be sent to me. :inlove:
BullyVW
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby X-girl » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:13 pm

She is just beautiful! I love the picture of her sleeping with her face smooshed into the bedding.

Oh and I think Maddox is a terrific name for her!
X-girl
Regulator

Postby Katy » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:41 pm

Thanks so much for the welcome and compliments on my pup, guys!! This seems like such a great group of folks. :)

starsamommiesgirl, we're not sure exactly, but we estimate that she's now about 10-11 weeks.

There's actually a rule on here...if you can't name your pup within a month, she has to be sent to me.

LOL! Mmhmm. lol

Oh! I forgot...I do have pictures of my other pups, as well as my other pets (some 'mine', others family pets) at http://community.webshots.com/user/katypants

I had to make puppy her own link, as I knew i'd be taking TONS of pictures and I was close to my limit on webshots!

Whoo...now the wonderful task of finding an avatar and stickin' something in my sig line. :thumbsup:
Katy

Postby Cloudlet » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:19 am

she is too beautiful! :inlove: welcome!
Cloudlet
Newborn Bully

Postby Boo439 » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:20 am

Welcome to the board!!! I like Brooklyn for a name. I don't know of too many dogs named that. It's cute!
Boo439

Postby GreddysAngel » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:47 am

Welcome...she is adorable!
GreddysAngel
Addicted to PBF

Next

Return to Introductions