Meet Butters! Minnesota - Twin Cities

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Meet Butters! Minnesota - Twin Cities

Postby laiinkyree » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:11 pm

This is my foster dog, Butters.

Image Image

He's estimated at 2-3 years old. He was pulled from a shelter when his time was up. We've had him for about 3 1/2 weeks so far. He's a little rough around the edges, but he has an AWESOME temperament. He adores other dogs, and can be okay with cats. He LOVES LOVES all people.

He's a very high energy dog, who can get destructive when bored. (I would suggest a plastic crate, he will rock a wire crate across the floor until he can reach something to pull into the crate and destroy it.) As soon as I started challenging him mentally with obedience training, he has all but stopped that behavior. Wherever he came from didn't teach him anything, so we're starting from scratch. He took a while to figure it out, but now we've gotten Watch Me, and Sit! We're working on Off, and leave it now.

This dog is the poster child for tolerance. Once he's a little trained up, he would be an excellent dog for children! He's just a little clumsy and doesn't watch where he's going though. But boy does this dog let you do anything to him! His best friend is a 15lb, 10 month old border terrier named Bella. Her favorite pass time is grabbing an entire mouth full of Butters' scruff and hanging off it. As in, all four feet hanging off the ground. And Butters? He loves it!

Image Image

He is not food aggressive, toy aggressive, or anything. I will actually be a little sad if he doesn't go to a home with another dog. He takes the chaos of our house with ease, and we've had up to 15 dogs with him here. Really, the only time he's hurt another dog is when he rolled over Bella in his sleep. lol

If anyone is interested in a big cuddle-bug, dog loving goof ball, let me know and I'll get you in contact with the head of our rescue :D

Image Image Image Image
laiinkyree
Matured Bully

Re: Meet Butters! Minnesota - Twin Cities

Postby dogs4jen » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:40 am

Good luck Butters! He sounds like a fantastic dog.
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby Taffys_Angel » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:28 pm

Omg... he's so cute. I love his name!!
Taffys_Angel
Bully Ambassador

Postby stefaniej » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:15 pm

Man.....so dang far away!!! I need a very very passive male like that for my house! Well, thank goodness he is not here, cause I am not quite ready yet-But he sure is cute!!! Good luck Butters!!!!
stefaniej
Adolescent Bully

Postby laiinkyree » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:54 pm

Butters has a home pending! The family came to my house to meet him, and it went great. We're hopefully doing a home check this weekend and bringing Butters (and possibly Bella!) with. If all goes well he may stay there when we're done with the home check. Bella too! If they decide to adopt her too, that will be 16 fosters of mine finding a home in one week. No, not a typo. 16! :headbang:

.....okay so 13 of those are fish. lol But I did just find a home for the 55-gallon tank of fish I was fostering.
laiinkyree
Matured Bully

Postby ilovetyson » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:30 pm

awww 2 of your fosters in the same home?!?!?! :) That is AWESOME! Now who is Bella? She a Pittie too?
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ilovetyson » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:31 pm

Ok I Re read... Bella is the little Cutie he is in the pics with? ;)
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby laiinkyree » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:15 pm

Yes, the little brindle girl in the first couple pictures!

Well, it looks like Bella won't be getting adopted. I was watching her for someone who couldn't keep her where they were living. Turns out the lied to me about pretty much everything. Bella is NOT fixed, and is NOT up to date on shots. No wonder why she kept forgetting to bring me the vet records. :( I told her I needed them today for her to go to her new home with Butters tomorrow. I got a reply from her saying "Oh, Bella doesn't have any records. She doesn't have any shots. No she's not fixed, I thought you knew that."

:sigh:
laiinkyree
Matured Bully

Postby magillicutty_momma » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:27 pm

Butters! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: Gorgeous! I wish I could foster dogs..if I had a bigger house, more land and more money I would. Thank God for the people who can, and do...THANK YOU♥
magillicutty_momma
Newborn Bully

Postby laiinkyree » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:56 pm

Thank you very much :) I'm still frustrated and trying to figure how if there's a miracle that can get Bella with Butters, but I don't see it happening :(

I do private fostering as well as foster for Unchained. Private meaning I will take in animals for people who cannot keep them in their current living situation, until they can get back on their feet/move/etc. All I ask is for them to provide vet care, food, and a small fee because their dog is taking a spot that I could have a boarding animal in. (The amount of the fee is negotiable.)

Once Christmas is over, I may be slowing down on the private fostering, I've been screwed over too many times now. My wanting to trust people has bit me in the ass once, almost twice. Instead of private fostering, I will be taking in 203 foster dogs for Unchained at a time since I'll be slow on the dog boarding side of things until June.
laiinkyree
Matured Bully

Postby laiinkyree » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:56 pm

Er, 2-3, not 203 lol
laiinkyree
Matured Bully

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs