Spay Contracts

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Spay Contracts

Postby ewwies » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:03 pm

Not sure which is the best forum to post this under.....
I did a quick search, and didnt find what I'm looking for.

My mom is taking home a 3 month old female pit bull puppy, blue in color, today from a sad situation. My mom's friend's room mate got this dog, but has given it ZERO attention. She stays in the garage all day, while another room mate feeds it and cleans up after it. They live in big bear, and the garage is FREEZING. The room mate who cares for her wants to take her to the pound today, so my mom said she would take her and we would find a home for her.

Ive met this dog once.. she is in desperate need of attention and training. She is out of control!! haha.. she is SOOOO hyper... and all she wants is to play.. ROUGH. She met my 2 min pins, and they were not having it. Deno wanted to eat her when she growled at him (play grow that was very big for a little thing like her to make)

She honestly just needs a good home to give her proper training and care. I dont think she is going to be very big.. she is a little girl.. But she is going to be strong... perhaps a good weight puller one day. I will spend more time with her when she comes home. I will get her into the vet ASAP to make sure all checks out well with her.

But my reasoning for the post is to find out if anyone has any spay/neuter contracts that i could grab a copy of. Also if there is something stating that if they were to ever rehome the dog, they would contact me first.

Thanks guys............ pictures are sure to follow soon!
ewwies
Addicted to PBF

Re: Spay Contracts

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:26 pm

Spay/neuter contracts do not work. She is old enough to be spayed now and there are lots of programs in LA that will fix this dog. You can also apply online to www.pbrc.net for financial assistance to have it fixed. This dog should not be rehomed without being fixed first.
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby Red » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:22 am

Candice, I could send you my contract for adoption but I do not generally do spay/neuter contracts.Dogs are spayed and neutered before leaving my home and there would have to be some very special circumstance for me to allow someone to take an intact dog.That special circumstance would be a very young pup going to someone I determine to be reliable and trustworthy (a responsible person I know and who want to do sports and is adamant about waiting for full development before surgery) and that will act mainly as a "foster home" or an adult dog that has valid health reasons not to go under surgery. In the first case the puppy is solely mine and the adopter is on a "long term adoption trial/fostering situation" that can only end after the animal is spayed or neutered and after said animal reaches a year of age (I retain ownership of a pup till one year old, in said case, because I want to monitor behavior before the final adoption contract is signed).I can't stress enough...it would have to be a very special circumstance and as a general rule pups stay in my home at least til a year of age.I have not been in that situation yet since I do not believe in spay/neuter contracts for nearly anyone. Another litter of pit bull pups on the ground is not something to risk.I added the extra info to give you another point of view.

My contract has a few requirements that are not up for discussion and may not be suitable for everyone but there is a part of it that addresses the return of the animal to me if the owner is no longer able to keep the dog, granted they give me the time to arrange transport and housing.If you want to see it I can send it to you but, in case you decided to use it, there is my name and my rescue name on it so you'd have to modify it. It is not to be used to place intact dogs.

Is your mom up to wait for a good home to show up? It can take months and sometime years to find a suitable home and I wonder if she is aware of that.By the way, if that little lady needs to learn some doggy manners Tigger or Ice are available.
Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby ewwies » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:50 pm

Spaying her before sending her to a new home actually crossed my mine... So I will do just that.

Val I would love to see your contract. My email is ewwies@yahoo.com

Perhaps we can arrange a play date sometime soon. Our 10 year old lab has been teaching her as well. Millie (her name from previous owners) is very respectful of the lab.

After spending some more time with her, I've noticed that she isnt that physco puppy I met a few weeks ago. I think she just needed someone to play with :) She is a very sweet dog. Likes to follow people everywhere... and sit in your lap.

She is part-time potty trained lol. She pooped in my room when i came home this morning.. but later on she actually stopped playing with her toys, ran downstairs and went pee and poop outside all on her own.

She is OK about going in the crate. She slept there all last night just fine. I'm trying to make crate time a better experience for her than her time in there in the past. When my mom picked her up, she was in the crate with lots of old and new pee and poop. :(

She is alot bigger than she was when i saw her... so she isnt that tiny little thing that I originally thought she was... I want to say she is about 15lbs. Although, I think she needs to gain weight... she's a little thin for a puppy, I think?

more photos in the gallery
ewwies
Addicted to PBF

Postby ilovetyson » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:12 pm

O M G! She is BEAUTIFUL!!! She will find a home fast! Man! if I wasn't so Anti Puppy! lol
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby MissKitty » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:22 am

Glad to hear she is getting spayed. Always best to do it before they go. The rescue I foster for always does it before unless there is a medical reason not to. The exception is giant breed puppies, which are spayed/neutered at 1 year. The rescue closely monitors and checks on the puppies until then.

I will send you one of our contracts.
MissKitty
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby FransterDoo » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:23 pm

Since she's spent her whole life up until now on concrete and it does look like she's going to be a big girl...

you might want to do some research on getting her feet/hocks/pasterns strengthened up.
FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Postby Chasesmom » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:08 pm

Wow, she is a serious looker. What a deep, beautiful blue color she is. :inlove:
Chasesmom
Bully Ambassador

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs