jtalt7 wrote:Oh the oral meds we had absolutely no problems with except a little vomiting which was cleared up with by taking a prilosec with the treatment. We went the Atovaquone and azithromycin route for our treatments. I ordered my meds through wedgewood pharmacy as I found that was the cheapest for me. I want to say cost for the Atovaquone was around $130 for a 50lb dog and the azithromycin was around $40 for the 10 day course.
We have retested all dogs since treatment (1yr out) and one of them has required further testing which will be resent this month. After we get that titer returned to us will we decide from there if we will retreat.
Not all of our Babesia dogs were treated. After we talked with Dr Holland from the lab it was determined that not all of our dogs that had a positive titer had an active infection and it was just something that needed to be monitored yearly.
I have articles on studies done on this treatment somewhere that I can pass on to you as well.
jtalt can you give her the tick list link for me please if you haven't done so already?
I am on a new pc and do not have access to the link on here