Fathead anyone?

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Fathead anyone?

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:03 am

Steele (aka Fathead) is a bobble head doll in life size. He's one of those bigheaded beefy goofy dogs
you see in the breed these days. A little over sized than comes in the standard at 70 lbs. More
American Bully than American Pit Bull. He's pretty laid back, very handsome and easy going.
Housebroken and crate trained. Seems good with other dogs and doesn't seem to mind friendly cats.
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Re: Fathead anyone?

Postby heartbullies » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:13 am

He is cute!

We just had a very, very similar looking-- and probably similar temperament-- dog that was owner surrendered. I hope this guy gets a nice family with a big sofa very soon!
heartbullies
Regulator

Postby Minders73 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:26 am

He is SO handsome!!!!! :inlove:
Minders73
Matured Bully

Postby ilovetyson » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:16 am

Woah, I think Im in Love! :inlove:
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Minders73 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:19 am

**bump** Any updates on this handsome boy?
Minders73
Matured Bully

Postby Chasesdad » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:21 am

I would think he would be gone by now he is a cool looking dude!
Chasesdad
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:01 am

He's still here. IT's not for lack of apps, just lack of good apps. He's neutered so the people wanting him intact are out. He's a house pet, so those with a pen outside for him are out. Those that have an intact female are out.......you get my drift. He is having a visitor today. Nice app, good references.....but they have a free range bunny they want him to get along with. He's a pretty low drive lunkhead but a bunny? that's pushing the limits for a dog I think. I'm willing to give it a shot and hope the bunny doesn't die. They are bringing the bunny for a meet and greet. It's just weird.
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby Adrianne » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:22 am

I have a friend with a corso, a bouv and a schnauzer and a free range house rabbit. It's a weird weird mix but they all get along.

Good luck!
Adrianne
Regulator

Postby PITtsburgher » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:23 pm

Actually rabbit owners are moving more and more toward indoor free ranging house rabbits. No different than a cat really. They are easy to litter box train. The House Rabbit Society recommends free roaming or an exercise pen, so it sounds like these people did their research with their first pet :)

My rabbits run around part of the house but not all of it. They are not to be trusted with chewing wires or else they could visit the rest of the house too. Choco is fine with them... we keep a baby gate up, and crate him when we're gone, but he really has no interest. My good friend has a Rottie, a Chi, a Pom, and a rabbit and they can all play in the same room supervised.
PITtsburgher
Matured Bully

Postby Adrianne » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:33 pm

PITtsburgher wrote:Actually rabbit owners are moving more and more toward indoor free ranging house rabbits. No different than a cat really. They are easy to litter box train. The House Rabbit Society recommends free roaming or an exercise pen, so it sounds like these people did their research with their first pet :)

My rabbits run around part of the house but not all of it. They are not to be trusted with chewing wires or else they could visit the rest of the house too. Choco is fine with them... we keep a baby gate up, and crate him when we're gone, but he really has no interest. My good friend has a Rottie, a Chi, a Pom, and a rabbit and they can all play in the same room supervised.

This makes me want another flemish giant so badly but two of my dogs are proven cat killers and I doubt a rabbit would stand a better chance. Darn!
Adrianne
Regulator

Postby Chasesdad » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:43 pm

Rabbits can be trained to use a litter box??????????!!!!!!!!

That's crazy and awesome at the same time. :wow
Chasesdad
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Chasesdad » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:44 pm

Sorry, that was off-topic
Chasesdad
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby PITtsburgher » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:34 pm

Yes they can; getting them spayed or neutered helps, and they naturally put everything in one area so just provide a litter box and they use it!
PITtsburgher
Matured Bully

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:30 pm

Bunny meet was a big fat failure. He may be Ok with cats but he wanted a little rabbit stew. He was way too interested in the carrier. It's a lot to ask of a dog.
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby Enigma » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:43 pm

Amy Hendrickson wrote:It's a lot to ask of a dog.
True, dogs see rabbits and other rodents waaay differently than cats. My dogs are ok with cats, Jaka loves them, Brina tolerates them, but both of them would destroy any type of rodent in a second... Good luck on finding him a rodent-free home! :thumbsup:
Enigma
Forum Junky

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs