102 pounds of LOVE!!!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Re: 102 pounds of LOVE!!!

Postby ilovetyson » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:16 am

OMG! That would be awesome! OMG! PLEASE PLEASE, Keep us updated! :yipee:
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Amie » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:50 pm

I've friended Ellie's new mom on FB - she seems so happy to be getting her and I'm so glad I'll still get updates!
Amie
Regulator

Postby GuardianAMBULL » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:38 am

It is official! Ellie finally lost enough weight to get spayed and we will be dropping the pup off tonight. Yipeee!!!

Pics on facebook. EBBRR Maryland.
GuardianAMBULL
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby GuardianAMBULL » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:26 pm

Stressed!!!

Well Ellie was spayed last week in the middle of a false pregnancy.(unknown to me at the time- I knew she was in heat) Well I really feel guilty because I allowed the new people to take her home that night after surgery. (which I don't normally do but I was going to do a foster-to-adopt if I let them take her before the spay because they are good people) Anyway, I break my own rule it comes back to haunt me. She has not been feeling well and is back at the vets again. This dog is costing me a fortune... I had to find a vet closer to the family and made it very clear I want them to treat the symptoms only... not to do testing without calling me because I only have 200 in the account... next thing you know I get a text from new momma that they are given her fluids and who knows what else. ( I asked vet to call me first if it was anything more then her thinking she needs antibiotics) I was not in a panic because she is eating, drinking and peeing and pooping... and just not as active as she was... but it was a messy surgery and my vet tech friend said sometimes the hormonal change will knock them off their feet for a week or so... fingers crossed that Ellie just as a little boobie infection and nothing worse!

Just need a place to vent... even though its my own damn fault!
:pray :pray
GuardianAMBULL
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Amie » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:48 pm

Oh, jeez. Michelle, I don't get paid again until NEXT Thursday, but I'll send some more money for her, okay? You've been through enough for her. It won't be much, but hopefully it will help a little. Hope she's back on her feet soon!!!
Amie
Regulator

Postby GuardianAMBULL » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:52 pm

No, its ok keep your money... I was just venting.
GuardianAMBULL
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby mcrae101 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:02 pm

I can honeslty say that im happy my pup isnt that big.....I couldnt imagine a 102 pound lap dog!
mcrae101
Adolescent Bully

Postby Amie » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:11 pm

GuardianAMBULL wrote:No, its ok keep your money... I was just venting.

You're allowed to vent and I'm allowed to help a little. So there. :et:
Amie
Regulator

Postby GuardianAMBULL » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:13 pm

LOL, hey she is now down to 73lbs! :)
GuardianAMBULL
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby GuardianAMBULL » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:18 pm

OMG now I am really venting!!
After reviewing my invoice I want to scream. I specifically asked this vet not to do any testing unless she spoke to me.

I just don't feel these tests she performed were necessary! I am screaming red right now.... I figured 200 for the exam, antibiotics, etc. I was right on the money with that... this other crap was BS!

RAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOORRRRRRR
GuardianAMBULL
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Melody » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:59 pm

So sorry Michelle. I hate working with new vets for that very reason. I would fight the charges though, and try to get them to come down a bit on the amount you owe since they did them without your authorization. :hug:
Melody
Forum Junky

Postby GuardianAMBULL » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:15 pm

I am so frustrated...... it's not the money if she needed a leg off I would find a way to pay for it... its the principal that I explained EBBRR is a small rescue, I explained that I would like her to give antibiotics first unless something out of the ordinary was present. I told her everything that the vet before her knows and have every vet bill (and there are plenty!) I told her that I would like her to exam and if necessary I would take her to my vet where I have an account. I just feel like she raked me... and the new owner....but ultimately since it has to do with the spay I am responsible for it. And that is not the problem...its just that I told her to call me and she didn't... grrr let me stop.

LOL this is the most I was on this forum in the past 3 years! lol
GuardianAMBULL
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby GuardianAMBULL » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:03 am

More news....
So last night I picked up Ellie, they called me and I am glad they did. When I got there I saw right away she was a sick little girl. I am glad I made the vet appointment for them even though she got me good. I stayed up all night with her just because I wanted to keep a close watch. I fed her twice throughout the night because she has the appetite but I think the new peeps were afraid to give her too much people food. (in times like this give her whatever she wants!) I had starting cooking up some beef before I got the call to come see her so thats what she ate last night! I cooked up some rice with it and she ate two normal sized helpings about 4 hours apart. She had enough energy to do her walk and this morning bright and early she was walking around. We went for a walk like normal she ate breakfast normal, I just put a tiny bit of leftever chicken in with her kibble and she was like.... more chicken please.... lol

I am going to take her to my vet tonight but so far the antibiotics are doing their job and she is perking back up.

Keep her in your thoughts!
GuardianAMBULL
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby ilovetyson » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:18 am

awww Come on Ellie! She is one of the Rescue dogs on this forum I just love!

Get Better girl, so you can get back with your family!
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby nsbullylover » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:02 pm

I hope she is feeling better ASAP!
nsbullylover
Bully Lover 4 Life

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs