Cuckoo for Cocoa - SF Bay area

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Cuckoo for Cocoa - SF Bay area

Postby DogNerd » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:25 am

This little girl, alternatively adorable and funny-looking, has been with us for about 6 months. She is in a great foster home but I am pet sitting her this weekend and all I can say is, what a gem!

She LOVES her ball and playing fetch when we are out at the park. She is fantastic off-leash and doesn't want any trouble with other dogs. Despite her total obsession with the ball she has zero resource guarding issues. She is an amazing athlete and a perfect little size. All-business at the park, but a really nice off-switch at home. She likes to cuddle, and lounge around but is also willing to play with toys if you want her too. She has great skills with other dogs and came right into my extra full home like she had always been here.

Cocoa Bean is about a year old now. She is well-trained in the basics and nicely mannered. I just love her ability to play hard when it is time, and be quiet when it isn't. Oh, she is also quite the swimmer and leaper so we will be giving her a try at dock diving the next chance we get. She ran in a lure coursing sprint race a few weeks ago and will be going to Las Vegas to do another one.

She does have one issue that we just haven't put much work into and that is leash reactivity. With her biddability and ball drive though, I think it will be pretty easy to work on. I am going to be taking her for a little bit to see what kind of headway I can make. Other than that, she isn't the most focused girl in the world, but then she is still young and really hasn't been worked formally. I love her though, and wanted to show her off in here.

Cocoa is available through Gratefuldogsrescue.org
DogNerd
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Cuckoo for Cocoa - SF Bay area

Postby tarnation » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:13 pm

This dog looks amazing. She is exactly what we would want...if we were looking. Hope she finds the perfect home.
tarnation
Newborn Bully

Re: Cuckoo for Cocoa - SF Bay area

Postby Adrianne » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:06 pm

Aww She's a beauty, I hope she does well here!
Adrianne
Regulator

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs