Meatball....yes Meatball SW Michigan

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Postby luvnstuff » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:06 pm

Yes Meatball....
The infamous Meatball is coming back. Anyone interested in fostering him or adopting him ? Please let me know as soon as possible! He went out a goofy silly sweet + awesome dog, seems he and his male bully mix house mate arent getting along and family has new baby and fear a dog argument might injure kidlet. Meatball didnt leave with dog aggression , so not sure if this is situational or he has become intolerant of some dogs? Contacts http://www.poundbuddies.petfinder.com or groovinluv@yahoo.com Grand Rapids/Muskegon MI area. Male/neutered/age 5-6?/microchipped

At home waiting for his arrivial right now.. more to post after I talk to the family . :0 (
I couldnt be more heartbroken..and my house is over full so he will have to go to the pound from here. damnit.
Luckily the pound is now ran by us volunteers, so he wont be at risk of being euthanized right away, but it doesnt make it any easier to adopt out a male, chopped ear, black pit bull in Muskegon County. or in Michigan for that fact.

I think alot of this problem at the home is just two super nice people in over their heads with bullies, and not keeping a consistent eye on them. Meatball did not go out dog aggressive, just the opposite . He was the calming force and playful force with Kosmo and Scooter (even tho Scoot is a bitch at times) , lived with an opossum and a ferret, was great with kids (not good with their stuffed animals tho..he obssesed on stuffed animals.. ! ) .

More to come..but putting it out there, as I dont want him to go to the pound .... timing couldnt of been worse on my end. :0 (

Pictures are from when he was here before adoption..
luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Re: Meatball....yes Meatball SW Michigan

Postby Otis » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:16 pm

I swear I become instnatly obsessed with all your fosters :inlove: Wish they weren't so far away! Can I trade one Mica for one meatball? :twisted:
Otis
Addicted to PBF

Postby Zagari » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:51 pm

Poor Meatball!
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:09 pm

who didn't know that=(kidlet came along and now Meatball doesn't fit it) :headbang:
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby Adrianne » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:43 pm

:(
Adrianne
Regulator

Postby Sweet72947 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:50 pm

:( poor Meatball. {{{{{vibes}}}} that he finally finds his forever home soon!!
Sweet72947
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby luvnstuff » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:26 am

What appears to be Meatball is here :0 (
He is SERIOUSLY overweight and having joint issues (NO SHET PEOPLE.. OMG.. did I mention his weight?)
His skin is a MESS, sores, his fur is dark dank and ucky, did I mention his weight? His feet seem to almost splay a bit
due to long nails and oh, yea did I mention his WEIGHT?
He has numerous bite wounds , fresh on his face and eye/nose, forehead. Whatever.. that is not a concern.
He is on lots antibiotics , by looking at the bites, these will heal no prob. His face is swollen but so is the rest of him.

I can not believe the physcial shape of this dog. They claim he was having diahrea issues and tummy problems, I dont remember any thing like that with him? And have him on Science Diet Sensitive Stomach.

Meatball seems just a sweet as nice as ever.

I am not bringing him to the pound, even run by us with all the meds and his condition that would be just cruel.
This is one damn nice dog. What the hell happened. :0 (

NEEDED AN ADOPTIVE home, good RESCUE /FOSTER home. I am past max here, and no other volunteer so far
is willing to take him. I dont know about his supposive dog aggression, he may of been picked on by the other dog (creating the diahera? and stressed stomach?) who knows.
This is a great dog. He is still super focused on HUMAN HUMAN HUMAN!!! :inlove:

He will need a good diet, he is on fish oil now for skin issues (thank you Ann) , his foods -who ever has him will have to experiment finding a GOOD food for him .
I am so freaking mad about the shape of him. I woke up mad even. Not as much for the return as the total lack of
physcial care he seems to be in, sure they took him to the vet alot, but shoot, of course you are at the dr alot if you
are a mess :0(

this picture doesnt even show the bulk of him..but here he is. The Meatloaf.. aka Meatball.

he should be up at our site already http://www.poundbuddies.petfinder.com
luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby Otis » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:48 am

He has a very different look in his eyes now, poor baby :(
Otis
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:51 pm

Is is possible that obesity in a dog makes it seem like double the size it use to be? I mean overall , Meatball is huge?
I think he put on inches in so many places he grew bigger........ Looking at those pictures he was never this "large" head to toe??? wth?
luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby BabyReba » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:53 pm

yeah, definitely. rob always says doc used to look like a monster when he got to us. and he did! now he seems like an itty bitty little thing!

like, even doc's head looked bigger, probably because it was so fat along with the rest of him.
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby nsbullylover » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:56 pm

Poor Meatball :(
nsbullylover
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby greenkozi » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:27 am

any meatball update?
greenkozi
Bully Ambassador

Postby luvnstuff » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:09 pm

Well Meatloaf seems alot like Meatball. I am still just reeling from the shape of him. He seems to remember excactly where he is at, even went on day one to the room that he crate was in, and put his head like down as if to say "can I take a nap" ..which he did, but he is now in the room with Woody and Virgil .

He still seems wondefully goofy and human oriented. he hasnt seemed to even care about the dogs here, but I am not putting anyone in contact without at least the baby gate up, for mine are all in a tizzy. Scooter seems bouncy.. Woody went from OH MY GAWD AN ALIEN DOG to OMG I AM LIVING IN FEAR (?) dont ask..its woody.. hes a wierdo.
Virgil ran up to his crate the other day (something I shouldnt really allow..it was a whoops) but they both just tapped noses and were like "hey" . and Virgil recalled to me.

I really do not have any idea yet how short his fuse for defense may be on dogs, and in this chaos right now its hard to tell. And too soon after such a big change and big fight from where he came from. I dont want any set up for failures with him as he has to be a bit on edge now.

But its a mess with this many dogs.. no one is getting the attention they want or need so insert alot of pawing, and whining, and barking .. omg.. its nuts here.

Frantic I have been trying to place someone somewhere even for a few days.. or weeks if I am lucky. Right now Scooter is packing her bag to go to a friends home ... lets hope The Scoot behaves and leaves her bark o matic bitch switch at home......
Have emailed our group and have posted on facebook and far and wide as have many friends..but no hits as of yet.

As for Meatball.. well he seems hungry on his new diet. I have not seen (knock on wood) even with mixing his food with Jacks Wellness any "Chronic" diahrea or "upset" stomach they said he was having. His stools seem fine ?

His face is healing, there are some pretty deep gashes, that might scar a bit on his ever so cute face ..but they all seem on the way to doing just that , healing.

HIs skin and fur will take a bit longer, he is on better foods, and fish oils and once his face is healed is definatly getting a good scrub bath.

His temperment seems just as goofy as ever. Since he is so familar here, he has met four people and my best way to describe him is if he could speak
" HEY! I have never met YOU .. YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEND! I love you! " then he plops at their feet lovingly looking at their faces.
:0 )

I have taken a few pictures, its been a bit busy between shuffling and falling of darkness..but here shows a bit how bloated he has become. Knowing Erins Doc was simlilar definatly gives me hope that we can refind the cute and little meatball in here somewhere...
Dont be fooled those are muscles you see but fat rolls, his legs and shoulders have NO muscle, which I think is leading
to his wierd waddling walk, that and his now bad joints ... :0 (

"youre my best friend" Face

dark but you can see he still sports that cute lil smile
luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby nsbullylover » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:49 pm

I remember what he looked like previously...it's hard to believe that's the same dog!
nsbullylover
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Sweet72947 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:31 pm

Aww poor sweet meatball. It seems like a good thing that he was returned to you, poor thing. More vibes for a great home for him!
Sweet72947
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs