Roxy Roo - IN

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Roxy Roo - IN

Postby Zagari » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:08 pm

On November 23, five dogs were brought into the shelter from the health department. Long story short, there were seven total but the family got to keep two. That's right, their kid was taken away but they got to keep two dogs! The house was condemed. We got one miniature pinscher, three miniature pinscher mixes, and a stunning pit bull girl.

The pit bull, Roxy, was locked in the bathroom for God knows how long! Nobody had seen her before she actually made it to the shelter. For not being socialized, she's extremely friendly. A bit growly around new people but within minutes she's your best friend. She's probably around a year old and a little underweight. She has major seperation anxiety. She hardly eats anything. Throughout the entire shelter you can hear her mournful howls. She is a PEOPLE DOG AND NEEDS TO BE WITH PEOPLE!

We live in a small, rural community. And while our shelter is a no-kill shelter, most pit bulls don't make it out alive for various reasons. :( We have quite a few who have been there pushing a year. We don't get many fosters either so the dogs and cats stay behind kennel doors until someone picks a new family member.

Please help Roxy out! I'm scared for her. I cannot take her home or I would. The director isn't really concerned about finding her a foster but I and another staff member are. I'm scared for her life actually.

Sorry I don't have any pictures, other than on my phone. I'll try to get some soon. Anyone willing to adopt/foster to any breed savvy person, in or out of state. Transport can be arranged.

Please call or email the Humane Society of Putnam County. Thank you!
765-653-5739
http://www.hspcanimals.org
Last edited by Zagari on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Re: Foster Needed, PLEASE!

Postby Zagari » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:02 pm

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/18117936

Roxy Roo! What can I say about her? She's the most sweet, loving dog ever. All she wants to do is curl into your lap. I'm very sad right now because she is sick. Even in the pictures below you can see snot running out her nose. We are forbidden to touch her other than for cleaning purposes. We can no longer love on her. She's being treated with a very strong dose of antibiotics but it really hasn't done anything to help. She sure loves her hotdogs. She still doesn't eat much but she looks physically healthy now. She still cries a lot for people and it kills me and Nicci (co-worker) that we can't love on her. I've given her the nickname Roxy Roo or Roxy Roo Roo because that the noise that she makes when she wants attention. Just walk my her and she stands at the door wagging her long tail. Talk to her and it goes a hundred miles an hour. I know posting here on the forum is a long shot and as far as I know it hasn't helped any dog that I've posted about before. I'm just trying to do something for her. I love my Roxy Roo. I'd love to see her live the life she deserves.

~Amber

These two are the best pictures I got but I do have some more if you'd like to see them.
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Re: Roxy Roo - Foster Needed, PLEASE!

Postby GoingPostal » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:47 pm

Poor girl, she looks so sad, dogs shouldn't have to spend xmas in a kennel, homeless. :crybaby: I hope someone can help her.
GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby DogNerd » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:43 am

she's precious. what a beautiful little girl.
DogNerd
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Zagari » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:23 pm

I just wanted to post an update for those interested. My little Rockstar is doing amazing! She's been getting Pred along with Amox. and a vitamin C pill daily. Her attitude has perked up and her appetite is as well. They only thing she'll eat (besides McDonald's cheeseburgers) is canned Pedigree and canned Kibbles n Bits, hamburger flavor. She's VERY picky.

Her tail goes nonstop. She's even started to bark when new people come around. Generally, that isn't desired in my opinion but Roxy used to do NOTHING. So at least now she's acknowleging that something is going on. She is still in quarantine but there are a lot of people pulling for this girl. My co-worker Nicci (who gets attached to all pit bulls and they're usually euthanized) said that if Roxy ends up getting put down, she's quitting. A valid threat I think.

I love my Roxy Roo Roo! I hope she finds a great home. Does anyone know about a Castaway Pit Bull Rescue in Indianapolis? For some odd reason they contacted the director and asked about our pit bulls. She was under the impression that we don't adopt any out at all. That isn't true, we do adopt them out. Just most get euthanized for one reason or another. Anyhow, I have never heard of the rescue and couldn't find much info about it.
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Postby Mortis » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:20 am

any more news on her? i hate that im not in a postion to be able to help, i just want to bring her home. keep checking thread hoping that she at least finds a foster.
Mortis
Super Bully

Postby Zagari » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:36 pm

Good news! She was moved out of quarantine today into adoptions. I'm so happy for her. Now she doesn't have to be stuck in a tiny kennel 24/7 and will have some human interactions. Still nothing as far as a foster though. She still needs one and would really benefit from it. Roxy is still quite frightened of new people.

Amber
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Postby Mortis » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:11 pm

at least its a step in the right direction :yipee:
Mortis
Super Bully

Postby Zagari » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:50 pm

Photo taken 1-9-11.

Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Postby Chasesdad » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:27 pm

What a beauty! I wish her the best!
Chasesdad
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Zagari » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:19 pm

Poor Roxy had a major set back today. It definately wasn't her fault!

A stupid volunteer who has been to the shelter a couple times now decided that he wanted to make her like him. She definately let him know that she didn't like him vocally. When I saw what he was doing, I ran over and told him to stop. She bolted for me and the guy grabbed her collar. I made him let go and she darted past me. A part time employee tried to tackle Roxy as she ran by. She had only me him once before and barked at him. This time, as he was tackling her, she snapped at him. She didn't bite though. And it wasn't even aggressive, she was VERY scared.

We were obligated to tell the director/vet tech. She said that we either have to find a very dedicated, pit bull knowledgable foster/adopter or she was going to be euthanized soon. I'm quite torn. She told me that if any staff was to take her home it would be me or nobody. She knows very well that I can't take her and it breaks my heart. I really wish someone would step forward and help this sweet girl. She's very scared and needs a lot of socializing and work.

I got quite a few more photos today of her playing outside. I'll try to get them up soon as well as a bio for another pretty blue brindle girl that we got in last week.
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:54 pm

Wish I could help in some way Zagari :(

What a life of hard knocks this one has had.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Re: Roxy Roo - IN

Postby Zagari » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:54 pm

Our little Roxy is a spoiled brat.
Though things were said in the past, this little booger isn't leaving us for doggie heaven any time soon. She has learned how to get out of all the outside pens so she now gets to hang out with staff all day long. She's hardly ever in her kennel, only at night. She gets fast food for lunch every day. She even gets bacon added to her cheeseburgers. SPOILED I tell ya! Roxy is very smart and after our incident a few weeks ago, she's warming up to strangers extremely quick now. She loves puppies, just didn't care for them pulling on her face.

Roxy is pretty close to my dream dog. I really wish I could bring her home. Hey! Did I ever mention that transport is available to almost anywhere for her? Please spread the word about her!

Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Postby Mortis » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:34 pm

good that she is more accepting of strangers now and she is getting out of kennels :nana: urgh she is just to darn cute
Mortis
Super Bully

Postby Zagari » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:06 pm

This pretty girl still needs a pit bull knowledgable home.

Roxy has developed a strange twitching. It doesn't seem to effect her it just bothers us humans. It's neurological and she's going in to the vet soon to see what they say about it. She still isn't the best to be around strangers.
Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs